Watch 4 on At&t

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So I just ordered my Watch 4 on At&t. I was reading that this watch has issues on AT&T's network, the NumberSync function and the LTE doesn't work. Has anyone on At&t had any issues and if so how did you get it fixed? I haven't gotten the watch yet , but I'd like to try to find as many solutions as I can .

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The watch is great! I bought mine outright through T-Mobile and had it activated for a couple months before realizing that I always have my phone on me.

I disconnected the line and enjoy great battery life! I understand people have reasons for wanting or needing it activated. I tried to justify it too.

For me it's just as good when connected via Bluetooth

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I talked to someone at at&t and I was told that they know about the NumberSync issue and they are working on a fix. The lte data plan that I'm paying for won't work until they fix the issue. So I'm either going to return the watch or just deal with another watch that only works on Bluetooth. Either way I'm not happy.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Well that's unfortunate & aggravating.

Since the Watch 5 will be released in August, maybe consider returning the GW4 & seeing what the GW5 has to offer. It's surprising that At&t hasn't been able to resolve this issue by now.
:(

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Well that's unfortunate & aggravating.

Since the Watch 5 will be released in August, maybe consider returning the GW4 & seeing what the GW5 has to offer. It's surprising that At&t hasn't been able to resolve this issue by now.
:(
I've been Googling this issue and apparently it's been happening since the GW3. I'm scared to chance it on the 5. Lol

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Wow reading this is disappointing. That was one, just one, of the things I loved about my cellular Apple Watches. I could just take for granted they would work as prescribed. ...and they did. I choose to use Android now and prefer Samsung. I wonder what Samsung's excuse is for not being able to do what Apple accomplished with the Apple Watch and number sync. Frustrating, that I can't even seriously consider an LTE version the Galaxy Watch.

Maybe they'll choose to get it right with the GW5.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow reading this is disappointing. That was one, just one, of the things I loved about my cellular Apple Watches. I could just take for granted they would work as prescribed. ...and they did. I choose to use Android now and prefer Samsung. I wonder what Samsung's excuse is for not being able to do what Apple accomplished with the Apple Watch and number sync. Frustrating, that I can't even seriously consider an LTE version the Galaxy Watch.

Maybe they'll choose to get it right with the GW5.
At&t says It's not Samsung or the watch though. It's their network. My sister has the same watch on T-mobile/ sprint and she has no issues.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have to infer from the fact that AT&T still sells them that some of them work as designed but I agree, why take the chance?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
It's funny, I remember back when I worked at att and bought the gear S3, several of us thought the LTE version was the next best thing coming out. Numbersync was supposed to be so great, and att was having a bunch of issues back then with it. Funny thing is mine worked and I just never used it. As far as the LTE portion of the watch I never used it anyway since I usually have my phone nearby. Wound up selling it when the s3 came out and I bought the s3 in Bluetooth only. Recently bought the s4 in Bluetooth (Silver) and love it. Maybe there are those that use calling features all the time but for me it was a waste of my money. The Bluetooth version works great for me and as someone else mentioned the Bluetooth versions' battery life is so much better.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't necessarily NEED the LTE, but it would be nice to have. I walk a lot at work and sometimes I just leave my phone. Being able to still at least get my texts and notifications on my watch and not have to wait until I'm back in the Bluetooth range of my phone is just convenient.

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't necessarily NEED the LTE, but it would be nice to have. I walk a lot at work and sometimes I just leave my phone. Being able to still at least get my texts and notifications on my watch and not have to wait until I'm back in the Bluetooth range of my phone is just convenient.

It's syncing notifications for me when I'm out of range. Watch needs to be connected to wifi with internet. Obviously phone needs to have working internet connection as well.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It's syncing notifications for me when I'm out of range. Watch needs to be connected to wifi with internet. Obviously phone needs to have working internet connection as well.
Right and since my watch won't connect to my work wifi ( won't let me log into their wifi from the watch) the lte would help.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Understood. It's just amazing that they have known about this issue for years and can't seem to figure it out. It's been maybe 5 years or so since this problem came about?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Understood. It's just amazing that they have known about this issue for years and can't seem to figure it out. It's been maybe 5 years or so since this problem came about?
Exactly. One might say that Apple would have resolved this long ago.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I took a chance and tried it to see if it works. My phone is finally going to the screen where I input the code , but on the watch when I search for a code the result comes up null. Maybe I'll try again I another 2 days to see if it will work then. * shrugs*
d672b968a0f2b0563efe28d0aaa44008.jpg

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I finally got it to work. I kept searching the att forums and someone posted a solution that I tried and it work. Fingers crossed that it continues to work. I'm posting a screenshot of what the solution was in case anyone else has the issue. All it basically says is to delete the mobile plan out of the wear app, reset the watch and start all over.
7dc2305ae975092020c91da53fe09a60.jpg

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday my numbersync just stopped working. I have no idea why. The only way I could get it to work again was by resetting the watch and deleting it from the gear app. I should not have to do that everytime the numbersync stops working. At&t has been working on this issue for awhile with no solution. If it happens again I'm just going to cancel the data plan on my watch.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk