Whos Getting Watch 5?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Definitely planning to order the Watch5 Pro. I tried selecting the hybrid leather band but the order page keeps defaulting to D Buckle Sport. Anyone else have this issue?

Same thing here in Kingdom of United. I've seen a couple of others in this thread as well. No Millanese either.

I think they're just not available... I just got the cheapest sband and I'll use the Hybrid leather one from my Watch 4.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Definitely planning to order the Watch5 Pro. I tried selecting the hybrid leather band but the order page keeps defaulting to D Buckle Sport. Anyone else have this issue?

I cannot change the selection either. Also, it's odd that they have the band listed as a separate charge in the online cart and it's $79.99.

I also see a gift of the duo charger. I already have one and would much more appreciate another style band, but the customer service rep said it could not be changed.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Same thing here in Kingdom of United. I've seen a couple of others in this thread as well. No Millanese either.

I think they're just not available... I just got the cheapest sband and I'll use the Hybrid leather one from my Watch 4.

Yeah I did the same. My hybrid leather from the Watch4 is still in perfect condition, and I used $40 out of the $50 credit to get another sport band. Not optimal, but hey whatever. :)

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site

Do we know for certain the GW5 Pro takes the same size band? Especially the ones that are shaped to completely fill in the space between the lugs?

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm very tempted to preorder the 5 but I'm usually pretty hard on watches. I have two watches. I have a nice analog Invicta watch and a Tic watch from 2019. The ticwatch would be my main choice if it weren't for the trade in credit and the financing that is available through Samsung.

I'm also struggling to find the overall value of a smart watch. I mainly use mine to see texts and who's calling when I'm at work so I don't have to pull my phone out of my pocket every time I get a notification. But still the 5 is a tempting deal.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Alright, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Just placed my preorder for the GW5 Pro in black.

Total cost with taxes came to $243 (I got $240 for trading my GW4 Classic). It comes with another duo charger, but I think this one is different than the one that came with the GW4 Classic in that it's a 15W?

I also have the $50 credit to use toward something like another band, although I may not even need that since my old hybrid leather and extra ridge sport bands will be compatible with the GW5 Pro. Supposed to arrive by Aug 26th.

Caeoleth

Aug 13, 2022
Visit site
My Watch5 Pro just showed up today which was a happy surprise. First impressions are it's a lovely piece of kit. New strap design that works very well, screen is beautiful. Be interesting to see if battery is any better than Watch4.

Edit: wow, the battery life is so much better on the Watch5 Pro than the Watch4 Classic. I've had it off the charger for the past 5 hours, and it's still showing at 95% battery.

Last edited:

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
My Watch5 Pro just showed up today which was a happy surprise. First impressions are it's a lovely piece of kit. New strap design that works very well, screen is beautiful. Be interesting to see if battery is any better than Watch4.

Edit: wow, the battery life is so much better on the Watch5 Pro than the Watch4 Classic. I've had it off the charger for the past 5 hours, and it's still showing at 95% battery.
That's great news! Enjoy your new watch. Post a picture if you get a chance.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not. I can't justify spending $300 on a watch. I won't spend more than $150 on one. I have a phone and a tablet that I'm paying for so I can't really afford the extra for one. I have very basic needs when it comes to a smart watch. If I can change the watch faces, receive texts and answer calls with it, I'm good. I don't need all the fitness tracking stuff.

I am looking at replacing my 3 year old Ticwatch for a Amazfit T-Rex Pro. It's very affordable at $120-$150 depending on where you buy it. No it doesn't run Wear Os, but it's very rugged and has great battery life.

I'd be very nervous to wear a bezel less $300 watch at work.

Last edited:

Caeoleth

Aug 13, 2022
Visit site
I've got it in a plastic case now to protect the metal, but here's a shot of when I first unboxed it. Battery life continues to be great, big step up from Watch4.

Attachments

• 20220813_141245.jpg
    20220813_141245.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 43

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I've got it in a plastic case now to protect the metal, but here's a shot of when I first unboxed it. Battery life continues to be great, big step up from Watch4.

Wow, you're lucky to get it so fast! My cancel button disappeared today so between that and your post, I have high hopes that the rest of our watches aren't far behind.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

How long ago did you place your order?

neopolotin75

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Let us know how many days you get off 1 charge. I upgraded from the GW4 to the GW5 pro for the battery really. I miss the 2 to 3 day range the Frontier had. I know it's different OS but still.

Caeoleth

Aug 13, 2022
Visit site
Let us know how many days you get off 1 charge. I upgraded from the GW4 to the GW5 pro for the battery really. I miss the 2 to 3 day range the Frontier had. I know it's different OS but still.

I usually charge overnight, but I'll let it run now and update you. Took it off charger this morning at 7, its currently 12:30, 98% charge remaining.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463