How can i add facebook messenger and whatsapp to my galaxy watch5

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
If it's available as an app for the watch, you would be able to install it from Play Store on the web or the PlayStore app on the watch. WhatsApp is not available for the watch AFAIK.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

I can find neither WhatsApp nor Facebook Messenger in the Play Store on my Fossil Gen 6 (running Wear OS 3), so it doesn't look like those apps are available for the watch. If Samsung has its own app store for their watches, then check there as well.

Dianexm

Oct 24, 2022
Visit site
@B.Diddy I've checked that it's not on it even checked YouTube but their only doing series4 watches and you can get them on that I did get a WhatsApp message today so seems to be doing that but nothing for messenger frustrating since its a newer watch

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's a Wear OS 3 incompatibility? I'm not sure if the Watch4 you saw had Wear OS 2 or 3.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I've searched high and low, and I can find not Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp apps for Wear OS on the Galaxy Watch 5 (or the 4, which I previously owned). I'm a prodigious user of WhatsApp, and I use my watch alone over LTE every day when I go out for a run, so I would love to have this feature. Alas, it does not exist at the moment.

Best you can do is respond to WhatsApp messages via the notification that shows up on your watch. So you unfortunately can't initiate a WhatsApp message, but you can respond to one. Not ideal, I know. :(