AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I am DONE with this watch and Samsung!!

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Did you update to this new firmware?

The hit to battery life was so bad that I didn't hesitate to reset my Watch 5. Now it's not as bad, but still noticeably worse. 24 hours on a single charge appears to be a stretch.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
What firmware are you on? I posted just a bit ago what I think I am on. I don't seem to be having the same constant unlock and battery drain issues that you have. What apps do you have on the watch?

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm not having these battery issues that some people are posting here. Screenshot_20230130-184905.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
What firmware are you on? I posted just a bit ago what I think I am on. I don't seem to be having the same constant unlock and battery drain issues that you have. What apps do you have on the watch?
Oh yes, sorry, you did already post your software version. I am on the same release (info below.)

I don't have the screen unlock issues anymore.

As for apps, I only added:

Google wallet
Stocard
Facer
Timeflik
Google assistant
Google messages
Google maps
78ea42b60c9d2e1b4f70a4b50466fbdb.jpg

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm not sure what I did, but my battery is behaving like its old good self again.

I did a third reset and this time I did not restore my previous apps and settings. In fact, I installed nothing at all. I just picked a built-in watch face (dual time) and kept using it, observing the faster-than-usual battery drain for 2 days straight.

Then one day I took it off the charger at 7 am (as usual) and the next time I looked at it around noon, it was at 58%. When it accelerated down to 47%, I put it back on the charger for 15 minutes until it got to 55% and I had to be on the move again.

As I watched the drain in real time continue, I turned off the AOD, which slowed the rot, but it kept going regardless. When it finally hit 18% and I realized I needed a time piece for 8-10 hours still, I turned on Power Saving mode.

I put it back on the charger at 3% and when my phone asked me if I wanted to turn off Power Saving mode (when it hit 100%) I said yes. When I took it off the charger, I turned AOD back on and noticed that the battery wasn't draining anymore and behaved normally thereafter.

I have since installed Facer (and a custom watch face) and set up Samsung Pay. So far so good.

I'm not sure which of these details was the key, but I provided all these details so that someone else may find a solution to their own problem.