I have an Galaxy Active 2 watch. Why does it count steps when I am on my riding mower?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't know if your legs are moving... It counts vibrations, and possibly looks at position. That would depend on the model I guess. Haven't you heard the joke about the wife noticing that her husband's steps jumped up to 4,000 after a trip to the restroom? Umm, yeah it's just guessing based on movement. So if you ever want to get those extra steps in...

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the Galaxy Watch Active 2 forum for more specific traffic.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Bumps cause that. The device doesn't know you're not taking steps, it's counting bumps that feel like steps, and racks them up, just like my phone being in its mount in the truck would register thousands, sometimes tens of thousands of steps a day just from bouncing down the road, even if I'd barely taken a step the entire day.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't know if your legs are moving... It counts vibrations, and possibly looks at position. That would depend on the model I guess. Haven't you heard the joke about the wife noticing that her husband's steps jumped up to 4,000 after a trip to the restroom? Umm, yeah it's just guessing based on movement. So if you ever want to get those extra steps in...

Absolutely hilarious that you posted that, 'cause I was thinkin' it!

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
While I'm surf fishing my Galaxy Watch counts my reel-winding actions as steps taken. I can end up with some crazy totals. I didn't ascribe the increase to the reel-winding right away but it became quite clear soon enough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma