Temperature not the most accurate?

1countryboy

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I’m new to smart watches in general and been getting used to my new Active 2 for the last couple of days. I’ve skimmed through the manual and been reading a lot of posts about it’s features... always new things to learn.

I’m currently using the default watch face but have customized it a bit to include the weather on the screen. I’ve noticed though the temperature it reads out is about 3 degrees off from both Bixby & Google Assistant for my area/town.

Is the watch getting the temperature reading from a certain app? If so can you use a different app that might be more accurate?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I do think you should start by asking yourself what, exactly, would you consider accurate?

The temperature in your front yard is likely more than a few degrees different from the temperature just up or down the road and will be substantially different in a shady spot than in one that is getting full sun.

The temperature that Google (or, any app) reports to me is taken from a weather station located many miles from my home and even more miles from my place of work. It's not unusual for the actual temperature at my home to vary from the "official" temperature by up to 10 degrees. To cite another example, my part of the country is somewhat hilly (but not mountainous) and, for example, on my drive to work I start out at about 300 ft above sea level, rise to some 1,300 feet and then back down to around 260 ft. During that drive - both in summer and depth of winter - I can see my car's outside temperature readout fall substantially as I ascend those hills and then rise again as I descend. In some parts of the US, these elevation-related temperature variations can be quite extreme.

1countryboy

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for replying! I think I discovered why it was off some apparently the Auto Refresh default was set to every 12 hours so setting that to every hour should help... like I said still learning about this watch.

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Where is this Auto Refresh setting of which you speak? The temp readout on the watch is many degrees off from current temps, so much so as to be useless. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze