Does Samsung Active 2 work properly on non-Samsung devices?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am planning to buy active 2. If anyone is using non Samsung divece with active 2 please share experiences. I want to know does the watch work properly with non Samsung diveces like one plus and Mi.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
From Samsung's website-
For Non-Samsung mobile devices, the Watch Active2 can work with

Android Smartphones that have Android OS 5.0(L OS) or higher, RAM 1.5GB above
i OS : iPhone 5 and above and iOS 9.0 or above

When connected with Non-Samsung mobile devices, some features created by each manufacturer may have limited support(ex. Call, Message, e-mail, Schedule, Alarm, Music Player etc.) and some features are only available on Samsung smartphones. (ex. Samsung pay etc.)

Supported devices vary depending on your region, operator and device brand. Supported list is subject to change.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I use mine with the Note 10+ and Pixel 3, most functionality is there with Pixel 3. There is a "sync phone settings" in the Wear app that's available with the Note whereas it's not there with Pixel - it automatically syncs wifi networks and do not disturb setting with the watch; not a huge missing feature IMO. I use Google Messages for texts on both phones without issue. Phone calls, app notifications, etc. all work on the Pixel as they do on the Note ... Don't think you'll have any issues.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
The only difference i can tell using mine with a pixel 4 is that there is no messages app. You can read and respond to messages as they come in, but you can't open an app and see different conversations.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I can't to connect to my LG v60 - I'm going to have to return it u less there's a workaround I haven't tried. The fit2 connects perfectly but nothing I've tried will get the Active 2 to work. SO frustrated.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
From Samsung's website-
For Non-Samsung mobile devices, the Watch Active2 can work with

Android Smartphones that have Android OS 5.0(L OS) or higher, RAM 1.5GB above
i OS : iPhone 5 and above and iOS 9.0 or above

When connected with Non-Samsung mobile devices, some features created by each manufacturer may have limited support(ex. Call, Message, e-mail, Schedule, Alarm, Music Player etc.) and some features are only available on Samsung smartphones. (ex. Samsung pay etc.)

Supported devices vary depending on your region, operator and device brand. Supported list is subject to change.

It doesn't connect to my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Neither does my Apple Watch 6 connect to my Note 10 Plus.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Just read in this thread that the EGC only works with Samsung devices. Pity. I guess I'm stuck with Galaxy phones after all. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...y-Watch-3-with-Non-Samsung/m-p/1486599#M31426

That's why I haven't picked up a Samsung watch... Samsung cripples them on non Samsung phones, kinda makes the purchase pointless. Just like buying an apple watch for an Android...why? Now that Google owns Fitbit maybe they'll turn Fitbit into a company with software, hardware, and business practices worth owning again. One thing I know is they'll work the best with pixel phones... that's how the game is played ;)

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
That's why I haven't picked up a Samsung watch... Samsung cripples them on non Samsung phones, kinda makes the purchase pointless. Just like buying an apple watch for an Android...why? Now that Google owns Fitbit maybe they'll turn Fitbit into a company with software, hardware, and business practices worth owning again. One thing I know is they'll work the best with pixel phones... that's how the game is played ;)

what watch do you have? I hope google doesn't ruin Fitbit like they did with Songza and Google Play Music. and everything else they have. Like taking the photo storage and combining it to Drive so now I'm out of space and being nagged to upgrade my drive storage.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
After the initial set up problems (it took forever to connect the first time - about 10 minutes) mine has run like clockwork with my LGV40 and I LOVE it!! It's great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae