Watch Active 2 on iPhone?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about trying out an iPhone. I use the Sammy Watch Active2 right now with a Sammy S20+. Anyone use an Active2 with an iPhone? Is it even possible?

I'm wondering what I might be giving up with the Active2 and iPhone. Right now my watch and phone use a Bluetooth connection and I never use the watch for making or receiving calls. Mainly for time, steps, outside temp.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
i'm pretty sure it will work with the Iphone. I just don't know if you can do the LTE or not. I know the other way around - the apple watch won't work on the Samsung, at least I read that.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
If you're going to switch to an iPhone, there would be no reason to use a watch active over an apple watch. Just sell the active and buy an apple watch 3 for $200 if price is a factor. The 3 is still a great watch

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about trying out an iPhone. I use the Sammy Watch Active2 right now with a Sammy S20+. Anyone use an Active2 with an iPhone? Is it even possible?

I'm wondering what I might be giving up with the Active2 and iPhone. Right now my watch and phone use a Bluetooth connection and I never use the watch for making or receiving calls. Mainly for time, steps, outside temp.

I bought my first iPhone 4 weeks ago(iPhone 11 Pro Max). I tried connecting my Galaxy Watch and Watch Active 2 to it. Was unsuccessful.

Last edited:

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just as a follow-up, I didn't buy an Apple watch but I did just come back to my S20 plus a few days ago.

iphone 11 pro max was a really nice phone but the closed up Apple world was not for me. Glad I kept my AW2 now.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Just as a follow-up, I didn't buy an Apple watch but I did just come back to my S20 plus a few days ago.

iphone 11 pro max was a really nice phone but the closed up Apple world was not for me. Glad I kept my AW2 now.
I think you can only use the watch active 2 with Samsung phones. Possibly because of the ecg

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think you can only use the watch active 2 with Samsung phones. Possibly because of the ecg
You can use the AW2 with the iphone, I did, and it worked. Problem is that it didn't work well, a number of critical features didn't worm and figuring out how to set it up was a nightmare. I'm now using the AW2 with an S21 plus.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
All galaxy watches work best with Sammy phones, pretty well with non-Sammy android phones (some advanced features like ECG and BP monitor are crippled), and fair with iPhone. Personally, I don't know why any iPhone user would get a non-apple watch.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I already had the AW2 when I decided to give iphone a try. If I stayed with iphone I may have sold the Sammy watch and bought an Apple watch. Or I might not sold it had it worked, both Samsung and Apple cripple their products if not used within their ecosystems. Frankly I'm tired of both of them.

brawbob

Jan 25, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have a question that might come across as a strange one on an Android forum.
I have been given an iPhone 12 Pro and have been researching using it in conjunction with a Galaxy Active 2 instead of an Apple watch, partly due to cost but mostly because I prefer the Galaxy watch. I have researched this a lot and I can live without the missing functions, cant reply to messages cant download paid apps.
My question for you experts is , can I use Samsung pay on the watch as I still have an S10e with my card registered on Samsung Pay installed, I will be using and carrying the the iPhone while using the watch and the S10e is being kept as an emergency back up if needed.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
really should have started your own thread.

first of all, I never tried it but I do not see why it would not work. if the phone is connected to the watch via bluetooth, the watch has wifi or mobile connection. as long as there is a connection it should work. Even if there was not a connection, you can still do up to 10 transactions, depending on the network, before you must connect. Depending on the number of times you use it, you can always reconnect when you get home using your old phone. There are so many different ways to get it to work.

I use my watch on vending machines at work all the time without the phone anywhere close. Not allowed phones where I work :-(

you can always give it a try to see what happens. experience is the best teacher, as long as other shoppers are not waiting in line behind you :)

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I already had the AW2 when I decided to give iphone a try. If I stayed with iphone I may have sold the Sammy watch and bought an Apple watch. Or I might not sold it had it worked, both Samsung and Apple cripple their products if not used within their ecosystems. Frankly I'm tired of both of them.

Agreed. I have the Galaxy Watch Active 2, Apple Watch 6, iPhone 11 Pro Max and Galaxy Note 10 Plus. Neither watch connects to the other brand's phone. I carry both phones daily but prefer using the Apple Watch 6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae