I just received the update to Tizen 4.0.0.8. Where do you find the new feature Fall Detection? I am looking in the SOS section and it does not appear there. I have also seen references to downloading the Health Monitor app from the Galaxy Store but can't find that either. Can anyone help?
    09-24-2020 07:49 AM
    Are you in a supported region? Are you sure you have the latest update? The Fall Detection feature should be in the SOS section (might have to activate Emergency Contacts first on the Wearable app; also SOS section). As for the EKG, if this is the right update, you should see the Samsung Health Monitor app on your watch; try opening that and it will direct you to download the companion app on your phone. If you don't see these, you are either not in a supported region or the update is not the one that added these features to the Active 2.
    09-24-2020 01:51 PM
    I don't know if I am in a supported region or not. I am in Ohio.
    09-24-2020 04:57 PM
    Oh, and the update did say it included Fall Detection. But I can't find it. From what I've read, I need the Samsung Health Monitoring app from the Galaxy Store. But I can't find it there. Anyone else have better luck?
    09-24-2020 06:16 PM
    Again, not sure you can just install it on the phone first. On mine it was triggered from the watch (after the update, the Health Monitor app, or the EKG, showed up on the WATCH). If your watch model and account/location are from the US, you should be able to get the update. Also not sure if this has hit carrier versions of the watch. Fall detection is in the SOS section both on the watch and the Wearable app but only if the update is installed.
    09-24-2020 07:11 PM
    Oh, and the update did say it included Fall Detection. But I can't find it. From what I've read, I need the Samsung Health Monitoring app from the Galaxy Store. But I can't find it there. Anyone else have better luck?
    You are in the right region (USA). Which model watch do you have?
    I got the update today on my T-Mobile LTE Watch Active2 but I did not get version 4.0.0.8, I'm now on 5.5.0.1 (I jumped from 4.0.0.7).
    In the Galaxy Wearable app the SOS section now shows
    Emergency calls, Fall Detection.
    On my watch I was looking for the ECG app (in the app list) & as mentioned there was a new app listed called "Samsung Health Monitor" & tapped on it & was sent to my phone to download the phone companion app.
    09-25-2020 12:19 AM
    I have the Bluetooth version. Checked again and I am on Tizen 4.0.0.8 per the latest update. Still no option for Fall Detect. Still no Health Monitor app. I guess I just have to wait and hope it eventually will show up.
    09-25-2020 05:42 AM
    UPDATE: Not sure what happened but today there was another update. This time it updated to Tizen5.5.0.1 and the options are now there for Fall Detection. I either had two separate updates or else the first one didn't "take". But I could have sworn the first one said Fall Detection in the description. But in any case I'm good now. Thanks for the help!
    burrzoo and SpookDroid like this.
    09-25-2020 10:38 AM
    Glad it's working now!
    09-25-2020 06:31 PM
    UPDATE: Not sure what happened but today there was another update. This time it updated to Tizen5.5.0.1 and the options are now there for Fall Detection. I either had two separate updates or else the first one didn't "take". But I could have sworn the first one said Fall Detection in the description. But in any case I'm good now. Thanks for the help!
    That happened to me too. App told me there was an update, which I did, and it was pretty quick. The fall stuff was mentioned along with the SPO2. But then nothing. Then later the watch wanted an update which I did of course, and it was big and took some time. That's when the ECG and Health Monitor app showed up. But now not sure where to find the Fall info again lol. First ECG reading was successful! But I can't get the SPO2 widget to save to my watch. Was hoping I could use it independently without exercising, lol.
    09-25-2020 07:09 PM
    That happened to me too. App told me there was an update, which I did, and it was pretty quick. The fall stuff was mentioned along with the SPO2. But then nothing. Then later the watch wanted an update which I did of course, and it was big and took some time. That's when the ECG and Health Monitor app showed up. But now not sure where to find the Fall info again lol. First ECG reading was successful! But I can't get the SPO2 widget to save to my watch. Was hoping I could use it independently without exercising, lol.
    Fall Detection is part of SOS section. See my screenshots a few posts back.
    tmccormick87 likes this.
    09-25-2020 11:33 PM
    You can use the Oxygen level (SPO2) measurement individually (single-reading) from the app or the widget on your watch. However, Max Oxygenation (VO2MAX) will only show under certain exercise reports and only if you meet the HR criteria (70 to 90 percent of your max HR continuously for 20 minutes or more).
    09-25-2020 11:49 PM
    Ok I'm looking and I have the SpO2 in Samsung Health on my phone though the GA2 Wearable app has no widget to add for this reading...
    I am happy as it's a great watch update though I'm interested to have this; some speak of this added reading and others like my self don't have it.... any thoughts? Thanks
    09-26-2020 01:59 AM
    Fall Detection is part of SOS section. See my screenshots a few posts back.
    Thanks, found it!!
    burrzoo likes this.
    09-26-2020 03:36 AM
    Ok I'm looking and I have the SpO2 in Samsung Health on my phone though the GA2 Wearable app has no widget to add for this reading...
    I am happy as it's a great watch update though I'm interested to have this; some speak of this added reading and others like my self don't have it.... any thoughts? Thanks
    Can you show where SPO2 is in Samsung Health? The only 2 categories I'm not using is BGL and tracking the menstrual cycle lol. I'm too old, lol, and not diabetic. Nothing else is available regarding SPO2 except through the wearable app, which we're discussing in the other thread. I did post a screen cap over there as well.
    09-26-2020 03:39 AM
    It's a madness for sure! Attaching snap... good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Update and Fall Detection location?-11119.jpg  
    09-26-2020 10:28 AM
    Can you show where SPO2 is in Samsung Health? The only 2 categories I'm not using is BGL and tracking the menstrual cycle lol. I'm too old, lol, and not diabetic. Nothing else is available regarding SPO2 except through the wearable app, which we're discussing in the other thread. I did post a screen cap over there as well.
    Even though the category is there I don't believe that we have the SP02 feature on the Active 2. Watch 3 has it though.
    I have one reading from my old Note 8 or Note 9 in there. Those older phones had the SP02 sensor built in to the camera area.
    09-26-2020 11:28 AM
    Here is an old press announcement from Samsung. No SP02 listed:
    https://news.samsung.com/us/galaxy-w...-connectivity/
    09-26-2020 11:42 AM
    I’m glad that I finally got the ECG and fall Detection update. It was extremely irritating to me that Samsung took so long to roll out this update and failed to communicate about it. It is the only complaint that I have had about the watch. The Active 2 is a great watch. It is my preferred way to see texts and to know who is calling. I tried the ECG and it seemed to work well. I set up fall detection to contact my spouse.
    burrzoo likes this.
    09-26-2020 02:46 PM
    I’m glad that I finally got the ECG and fall Detection update. It was extremely irritating to me that Samsung took so long to roll out this update and failed to communicate about it. It is the only complaint that I have had about the watch. The Active 2 is a great watch. It is my preferred way to see texts and to know who is calling. I tried the ECG and it seemed to work well. I set up fall detection to contact my spouse.
    It took so long because of FDA approval, and they did communicate that it was not rolling out until that was done... Not happy about it either, but they were never hiding the fact.
    burrzoo likes this.
    09-26-2020 07:13 PM
    It's a madness for sure! Attaching snap... good luck!
    Thanks for the snap! But definitely still not showing in my app. This DOES remind me that I have been waiting what seems like forever, to get dark mode on my Samsung Health, lol. I use Samsung Themes always so I can't use the overall dark mode, as it ruins parts of the themes. But I read somewhere that it was supposed to be changeable in the app on its own, so I guess I just don't have that yet.
    09-26-2020 08:18 PM