Galaxy Active 2 battery drain issues......

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
So I posted to Samsung's forums for help with the battery drain, and I get a private message the moderator deleted my battery drain thread and referred me to a old closed thread with the problem solved. except it's not my problem and it's not solved for me. I'm mad. And i couldn't reply to that thread because it's closed. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Active-2-Battery-Drain/m-p/990222#M17178

It seems the Samsung mods don't want people discussing the battery drain issue. I made a new thread at Samsung Forums and I was contacted again from a diff mod who warned me of being banned if i keep making duplicate posts. But i can't reply to the ones they already closed.
I'm don't want to spend 10m mins rehashing the whole thread of mine that was deleted. but from July 2020 to May 2021 it lasted a whole day. But in early May it started needing charged twice a day but i have sent my watch in and had a new battery put in and it still drains fast since early May. After the newest update it has to be charged twice a day about every other day which is better then everyday like before but it's still hit and miss when it lasts a whole day. And no I am not disabling bluetooth, wifi, and continuous heart rate, etc like the so called "solution" from the other thread. What's the point of a smart watch when you dumb it down to save the battery?
anyone else here with the battery drain problem or issues with their mods deleted threads and not addressing the real issue?

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
thanks. Their tech support called me when i was busy trying to fly my drone on my vacation awhile back and i couldn't talk long because i needed my phone to see to land my drone and she was supposed to send me an email with instructions to send it back for repairs but the email never came. I lost my faith in Samsung's tech support and forum mods. they just refer you to the webpage about disabling everything on the watch.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
thanks. Their tech support called me when i was busy trying to fly my drone on my vacation awhile back and i couldn't talk long because i needed my phone to see to land my drone and she was supposed to send me an email with instructions to send it back for repairs but the email never came. I lost my faith in Samsung's tech support and forum mods. they just refer you to the webpage about disabling everything on the watch.
The forum your referring to in Samsung members app ? Haven't been there in awhile so can't comment how things are over there.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
So I posted to Samsung's forums for help with the battery drain, and I get a private message the moderator deleted my battery drain thread and referred me to a old closed thread with the problem solved. except it's not my problem and it's not solved for me. I'm mad. And i couldn't reply to that thread because it's closed. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Active-2-Battery-Drain/m-p/990222#M17178

It seems the Samsung mods don't want people discussing the battery drain issue. I made a new thread at Samsung Forums and I was contacted again from a diff mod who warned me of being banned if i keep making duplicate posts. But i can't reply to the ones they already closed.
I'm don't want to spend 10m mins rehashing the whole thread of mine that was deleted. but from July 2020 to May 2021 it lasted a whole day. But in early May it started needing charged twice a day but i have sent my watch in and had a new battery put in and it still drains fast since early May. After the newest update it has to be charged twice a day about every other day which is better then everyday like before but it's still hit and miss when it lasts a whole day. And no I am not disabling bluetooth, wifi, and continuous heart rate, etc like the so called "solution" from the other thread. What's the point of a smart watch when you dumb it down to save the battery?
anyone else here with the battery drain problem or issues with their mods deleted threads and not addressing the real issue?

Fitbit does the same thing on their forums....very shady practices, and why I won't be owning any more Fitbits for the foreseeable future.
Have you tried a factory reset and set the watch up from scratch? Plus minimize the apps on the watch to just what you need, and no more.

Plus uninstalling and reinstalling the wear app like suggested above would be a good idea as well.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
not the app itself on the phone. but i did have to reset the watch when i sent it in and set it back up again when i got it back.

might want to try to do the app itself. Its a pain but it could be worth a try if it fixes the problem. You would still have some power issues but it will not be as bad. I have the same watch and recently setup the blood pressure and ekg features and noticed it needs charging more often but not twice a day.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
might want to try to do the app itself. Its a pain but it could be worth a try if it fixes the problem. You would still have some power issues but it will not be as bad. I have the same watch and recently setup the blood pressure and ekg features and noticed it needs charging more often but not twice a day.

have you any idea what the app has to do with the battery drain? I haven't reinstalled it yet but i will. Does it loose my settings for the watch or cause the watch to be reset? How often do you charge yours with the BP on continuous? thanks.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Fitbit does the same thing on their forums....very shady practices, and why I won't be owning any more Fitbits for the foreseeable future.
Have you tried a factory reset and set the watch up from scratch? Plus minimize the apps on the watch to just what you need, and no more.

Plus uninstalling and reinstalling the wear app like suggested above would be a good idea as well.

When you say from scratch that means don't restore from backups right? I did resets and restore from backups.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
When you say from scratch that means don't restore from backups right? I did resets and restore from backups.
It does mean a clean install, as sometimes you backup the problems as well and restore the same issues. When you do a clean install it often removes issues. You can then add the apps back slowly and see if any of them are causing the drain.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
have you any idea what the app has to do with the battery drain? I haven't reinstalled it yet but i will. Does it loose my settings for the watch or cause the watch to be reset? How often do you charge yours with the BP on continuous? thanks.

You will lose all settings and and set everything up again. sometimes updates can be corrupted for whatever reason that requires the uninstall then reinstall of the new version.

You also have several other health apps syncing with the wear app. When everything open, can cause a strain on resources that will take a toll on the battery. It is no different than a laptop or smartphone when running programs that strain resources. This morning I got my first power drain warning on my watch because I left the blood pressure app open waiting for me to start the test.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
You will lose all settings and and set everything up again. sometimes updates can be corrupted for whatever reason that requires the uninstall then reinstall of the new version.

You also have several other health apps syncing with the wear app. When everything open, can cause a strain on resources that will take a toll on the battery. It is no different than a laptop or smartphone when running programs that strain resources. This morning I got my first power drain warning on my watch because I left the blood pressure app open waiting for me to start the test.
You didn't answer my question. How often do you charge your phone.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
so far my battery drain is the same but it goes a long time if i keep the wifi on auto. what is the different between the wifi being on and auto?

lorraineg57

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
I am having a similar issue with my A2. This started about a week ago for me. When I look, the last update I can find is mid-June so no clue if it's connected. I've gone from getting a day and a half with heavy gym use to 8 hours or less with a full charge. Right now, if I wear it during the day, I'm recharging it multiple times. Forget sleep tracking, it's dead by morning, even if it's at 100% when I go to bed. When I look at the app usage in the wearable app, I see no large battery drain from any app. I've reset the watch twice, which is a pain bc my bank requires me to call to set up Samsung Pay, which I have to redo when I reset the watch. I spoke with Samsung who offered a trade-in...my watch PLUS 212.00 USD....Really? For a watch that Walmart is now selling for 199? I'm relatively sure this is NOT a battery needs replaced issue, since one day it was fine, the next it wasn't, unlike a battery gradually losing it's the ability to hold a charge. Both times I've reset the watch I've restored from back up so I guess my next attempt will be not restoring from backup. I can't believe there is no way to diagnose what the culprit is. Is there not a log of what transpires on the watch somewhere? Active 4 is supposed to be coming out this summer but I need a watch NOW.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
so far my battery drain is the same but it goes a long time if i keep the wifi on auto. what is the different between the wifi being on and auto?

On Auto, the Wi-Fi will turn off automatically when your watch connects to your phone using Bluetooth.

Wifi On stays on.

imabhijithp

Sep 14, 2021
Visit site
Did you got any solution for this? Im facing exactly same issue that you had mentioned above. A2 LTE is holding maximum 10-12 hour use. battery draining way to fast. Like 100% to 80% within 1 hour. Im fed up with samsung customer support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs