My samsung watch active 2 is stuck in a rebooting loop after being in pool for few minutes.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am very heartbroken over it as I loved it and my weight loss was the only thing going for me in some very difficult time and the watch helped me track it. I stupidly decided to trust its water resistance property for first time since my buy and now its stuck in a rebooting loop it just shows rebooting and black screen 5 sec and again rebooting I tried pressing power button 3 times doing it again again and pressing both nothings helps am very upset. Any body knows how to solve this it is in warranty but am scared if they won't cover it. I stupidly decided to trust its water resistance properties and took it to pool.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
That sucks. There's plenty of posts here about Sammy touting waterproofing and the ability to track swimming activity, then backpedaling to the very fine print that they don't cover water damage. Hope they'll do the right thing for you.

Two things you can try that may help. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. It's supposed to soft reboot the watch. Secondly, go to the gear wearable app on your phone under the "general" section of the menu, then you can remotely reset the phone. That may get you out of the boot cycle, then you can try to dry the watch and restore it from your backup. Of course, this will only work if your watch is still connecting to your phone during the boot cycle.

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar