Use $150 Credit for Watch Active 2

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Has anyone been successful in purchasing the new Galaxy Watch Active 2 with the $150 credit? I've tried applying the code but received "invalid". I wonder if it's limited specific products.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you checked the terms of the promotion? I think there was a thread in the Note 10 forum section on this...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I called and they applied it for me.

Yeah, over in the Note 10 thread there are plenty of upset folks who were hoping to use the credit for the watch only to find out it doesn't work. Several people have reported that Samsung reps have given conflicting statements on if it can be used. Would love to hear how you got Samsung to accept it.

44Joan

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I really wish I could help but don't remember saying anything special--first I ordered the watch while applying the code, then I just called the number I got from the Samsung Store website and said my coupon didn't apply to the watch and the representative talked to someone and said they'd be able to apply it to the watch once it ships. And they did.

Lee Long

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I really wish I could help but don't remember saying anything special--first I ordered the watch while applying the code, then I just called the number I got from the Samsung Store website and said my coupon didn't apply to the watch and the representative talked to someone and said they'd be able to apply it to the watch once it ships. And they did.

So you paid for it, and they discounted the amount of the code after it shipped?

44Joan

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Correct. (Also, I applied the $150 code when I payed for it, and the system showed that the code was applied to the free gift. The seemed to apply the $150 credit after it shipped in the spirit of "it should have been applied to the watch, not the free gift.)

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I did a chat with Samsung and was told it could only be used on certain items. I was able to use it on the Watch Active but not the Watch Active 2...smh

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I did a chat with Samsung and was told it could only be used on certain items. I was able to use it on the Watch Active but not the Watch Active 2...smh

I had $200 credit and I was one of those hoping to use it on the Active 2 also.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Official Samsung position is that it can only be used on products available at the time the promo was applied. I got hosed too.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I was able to get a new promo code from Samsung after chatting with a rep. Next day get an email with the new code. Bought the watch today!

Lee Long

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
HAHA! Thanks! Good to know that the basic truth can work if you get the right person!

Sadly, my chat with Samsung today was not nearly as satisfying. I even commented on my level of satisfaction that, "It is incomprehensible that different people get different results from the same company.". The Associate said during the chat, "I hope this doesn't deter you buying our products in the future." To which I replied, "You can be assured that it will deter me." And it will. This is nonsense.

And the best Black Friday deal I've seen so far on the Active 2 is $50 off at Best Buy. Bummer.

Additional: Decided to call and see if I had better luck. The lady said she would "escalate it" but couldn't guarantee anything. Good thing she didn't. They refused to issue me a new code. #SamSuck

Last edited: