jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something here and if so I'm sorry in advance. Is there a way to have your messages synced with your phone like on the apple watch?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Using the stock messaging app will allow you to access history from your phone, but not on the standalone version as SMS is NOT a cloud service, and Samsung's messaging app, unlike Google's, which isn't supported on the Galaxy Watch, doesn't support cloud sync.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Using the stock messaging app will allow you to access history from your phone, but not on the standalone version as SMS is NOT a cloud service, and Samsung's messaging app, unlike Google's, which isn't supported on the Galaxy Watch, doesn't support cloud sync.

I'm using Google messages. Mine sync.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Google messages. Mine sync.

Nope, they don't. You can see unread messages on the notification (like any other app). Try to see the WHOLE conversation, however, and that's where you will find yourself stumped. In WearOS only the stock Samsung messaging app has this ability. WearOS, on the other hand, is different and does have other apps, including Google's Messages, that sync the whole thing.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Nope, they don't. You can see unread messages on the notification (like any other app). Try to see the WHOLE conversation, however, and that's where you will find yourself stumped. In WearOS only the stock Samsung messaging app has this ability. WearOS, on the other hand, is different and does have other apps, including Google's Messages, that sync the whole thing.

Yes, I can read the whole message. And it does sync.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I can read the whole message. And it does sync.

The whole message is not the same as the whole conversation. As stated before, yes, you can read received messages, but your entire SMS/MMS conversations are NOT being synced to your watch, only new/unread/notified received/sent messages.

jimboblarry

Nov 6, 2019
Visit site
My point is that I do not use the stock messaging app on my phone. And even though I don't use it, the texts are still synced to my watch.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
My point is that I do not use the stock messaging app on my phone. And even though I don't use it, the texts are still synced to my watch.

I have the exact same experience and have the same scenario.
Turned off Samsung messages notification so won't get duplicate message alerts. Verizon Message+ alerts come through and I can click through lengthy conversations.... Good luck