I have been thinking of picking up a 44mm watch, but I want to make sure I know the limitations with what I would be getting into.

I have a Pixel 3xl, What does and does not work between the watch and a non samsung device? Will I be able to text from it?. I know I can do email through the Outlook app. Do phone calls work? I know I wont have Google assistant, not a big deal, or google pay (will use Samsung pay instead) any other things I should be aware of before pulling the trigger?

Thanks!
    11-15-2019 12:43 AM
    I don't know the AC at to your question, because I have returned to all Samsung watches and phones, after about 4 years on Android Wear OS devices, that didn't cut the mustard.
    I'm sure others will chime in, but in the mean time here is a CNET article describing the watch in detail
    https://www.cnet.com/reviews/samsung...tive-2-review/

and here is a reddit thread about non-Samsung devices with the GWA2, including a few Pixel users
    https://amp.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch..._how_many_are/
    11-15-2019 10:54 AM
    i only have experience with this watch and my Samsung Note 10, but I think it's more reliant on Android devices vs Apple devices, for concerns regarding connectivity, features, etc.

I absolutely love it. I have a Sprint Lte version watch. Samsung Pay works flawlessly.

Here's a picture of mine. I got the 44mm one.

I think you'll be pleased with the watch if you go that route.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    11-15-2019 01:31 PM
    Thanks guys, I think I will go that route. The limitations I found after trolling around Reddit is I wont be able to make or send emails or texts unless I use Bixby, or install Pulse sms and outlook. Not a huge deal if I need to go that route. I have used Pulse in the past (now currently using Googles Messages app). Looks like everything else will function as designed. I have had previous AndroidWear watches, and well..... Its current state is poor, and I could not find a watch with battery life anywhere near what the galaxy watches can obtain, so I will go that route. I dont need the LTE options as my phone is always within a few feet of me. but I want it mainly to keep from having to pull my phone out of my pocket every few min. And to use as a sort of "remote" for Spotify while I am on my bike, I hate having to stop to switch songs lol.
    11-15-2019 08:08 PM
    I have had previous AndroidWear watches, and well..... Its current state is poor, and I could not find a watch with battery life anywhere near what the galaxy watches can obtain, so I will go that route.
    I recently moved to Samsung watches from Android Wear OS devices and am thoroughly pleased. The LAG on AW devices was just awful.

Galaxy Watch Active OG for sleep cycle alarm.
    Gear Sport for work.
    Gear S3 for non work days.

Loving every minute of it.
    11-16-2019 12:34 PM
    Here's a thread about SMS apps you might want to read, if you haven't run across it, yourself.
    https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...es/td-p/391121
    11-16-2019 10:39 PM
    I pulled the trigger yesterday, and so far I am highly impressed. The battery life is outstanding compared to my previous WearOS devices. I grabbed a pair of Galaxy Buds as well. Impressed with those too. Consider me a happy camper.
    11-24-2019 11:14 PM
    Excellent decision! Love mine so far. Wish there were more apps available though. Google Assistant for home automation would be awesome on this watch.
    11-26-2019 02:06 PM
    Excellent decision! Love mine so far. Wish there were more apps available though. Google Assistant for home automation would be awesome on this watch.
    This may do what you are looking for.
    I only glanced at the thread.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/sma...stant-t3927513
    theobject likes this.
    11-27-2019 09:26 AM
    This may do what you are looking for.
    I only glanced at the thread.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/sma...stant-t3927513
    I remember someone working on one but it never completed. Not sure if this is the same one or not but I read through it, installed it and it works! It's helpful if your somewhat technical, the install isn't for your typical user. I remapped the double press key to the app for easy access.

Thanks for finding that link!
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    11-27-2019 01:03 PM
    I remember someone working on one but it never completed. Not sure if this is the same one or not but I read through it, installed it and it works! It's helpful if your somewhat technical, the install isn't for your typical user. I remapped the double press key to the app for easy access.

Thanks for finding that link!
    YW! Glad to be of help!
    11-27-2019 01:33 PM