Security Policy prevents connection to WiFi (Active 2)

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Watch was working perfectly until November update. It still connects fine to Bluetooth. Called Samsung on 3 occasions should have just talked to myself they have no idea. Regardless if it's set WiFi always on or Auto same message as soon as Bluetooth drops "Security Policy prevents connection to WiFi". Have reset the watch 3 times and right from a clean install same issue. Friend has same watch but did not do November update and his connects to all my WiFi locations as mine did before updating. Any Thoughts ????

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I happens with every WiFi including the ones that worked previous to the update. Will not even connect to my phone's WiFi hotspot even if I remove all security and have just an open hotspot. Will not connect at work either where if previously functioned fine.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange. Are all the wi-fi networks you've tried secured by a password? What about open public wi-fi networks?

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have tried both (all) type of WiFi networks. It will never try to auto connect anymore but when you enable WiFi always on and hit scan it shows all the networks but as soon as you hit the check mark to connect it instantly shows "Security Policy prevents connection to WiFi" for about 3 seconds and that's it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Starting to sound like a bug with the latest update. What happens if you turn off the Sync Wi-fi Networks option?

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you mean and I truly appreciate your help. My option's are WiFi off, Auto and WiFi always on. Before the update it would connect either automatically when Bluetooth dropped or when I would choose WiFi always on. Now it does nothing in auto and when I turn WiFi on it shows the network and the only choice is to tap the check mark and the instantly the message "Security Option prevents the connection to WiFi. Do you mean the Sync WiFi Network's option on the phone app.

Last edited by a moderator:

stefxx

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Were you able to resolve this? I have two identical Active 2 watches, and only one is experiencing this issue...

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I would reset the watch, without using a backup during setup and see what it does with wifi.
If all is well, then you could decide whether or not to restore a backup.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Watch was working perfectly until November update. It still connects fine to Bluetooth. Called Samsung on 3 occasions should have just talked to myself they have no idea. Regardless if it's set WiFi always on or Auto same message as soon as Bluetooth drops "Security Policy prevents connection to WiFi". Have reset the watch 3 times and right from a clean install same issue. Friend has same watch but did not do November update and his connects to all my WiFi locations as mine did before updating. Any Thoughts ????

Which model do you have? Mine is connecting. I have the 42 mm bluetooth version but my boyfriend has the 44mm bluetooth version and it won't connect.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have done a reset without restoring the back-up and still same problem. I deleted all back-ups on Samsung account and did a reset. I even tried a reset and using a completely different phone on a different provider. I have tried everything possible short of using a hammer.

Answer to second question it's the 44mm Bluetooth same as you boyfriend. This is really annoying not being able to connect to any WiFi. I'm hoping the next update fixes it, I'm ready to just toss this watch. Problem happened immediately after update and Samsung is still saying it's an isolated incident and maybe the next update will resolve it they are simply useless to call all your doing is wasting your time.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ms Charli is your boyfriend using a Microsoft Exchange Account ? I was told that this might be happening because of all the security permissions you had to allow in the phone and once it gets into the watch even a reset will not restore things. But I have no way to prove this theory, I tried removing the exchange account from the phone and resetting the watch but still have the same issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci