Galaxy watch active 2 LTE wont make/recieve calls when my phone died

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Had my watch on a car ride couple miles away, and my phone died at home and my watch stopped recieving/making calls and sending text. Said it was trying to reestablish a remote connection with my phone...does this watch in fact work standalone from your phone? Or does your phone still have to be turned on(no matter where the watch is).

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Had my watch on a car ride couple miles away, and my phone died at home and my watch stopped recieving/making calls and sending text. Said it was trying to reestablish a remote connection with my phone...does this watch in fact work standalone from your phone? Or does your phone still have to be turned on(no matter where the watch is).

1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Will function alone solely to tell the time and other "digital watch" functions.

SimplyKC

Feb 1, 2020
Visit site
1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Will function alone solely to tell the time and other "digital watch" functions.

You're incorrect. The LTE versions (Such as the Active2), at least on Sprint, works when your phone is off. I just did it. Outgoing calls will show as the watch's phone number on caller I.D., however, calling that number will not go through (I'm trying to see if there is a way to make this work). Calling the number of the phone that is used to activate the watch will forward to the watch, even if that phone is off or 1000 miles away.

LTE service must be activated with a phone that has Android 8.0 or higher. I had to chat with Samsung today to find this out.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
You're incorrect. The LTE versions (Such as the Active2), at least on Sprint, works when your phone is off. I just did it. Outgoing calls will show as the watch's phone number on caller I.D., however, calling that number will not go through (I'm trying to see if there is a way to make this work). Calling the number of the phone that is used to activate the watch will forward to the watch, even if that phone is off or 1000 miles away.

LTE service must be activated with a phone that has Android 8.0 or higher. I had to chat with Samsung today to find this out.

Sprint has not updated nor activated VoLTE on the watch(es). The only thing that will work "standalone" (at least for me) was sending and receiving texts. I have since deactivated the watch on Sprint. Can't see paying $15/mon just to be able to have standalone texting. I may reconsider, when/if Sprint ever gets off their butts and update the watch. I am using a Note 10 with VoLTE showing active on it, so I don't know why Sprint lags in this area whereas all the other carriers are giving "standalone" service.

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Sprint has not updated nor activated VoLTE on the watch(es). The only thing that will work "standalone" (at least for me) was sending and receiving texts. I have since deactivated the watch on Sprint. Can't see paying $15/mon just to be able to have standalone texting. I may reconsider, when/if Sprint ever gets off their butts and update the watch. I am using a Note 10 with VoLTE showing active on it, so I don't know why Sprint lags in this area whereas all the other carriers are giving "standalone" service.

I just got mine within the last month for Sprint. I have the opposite experience. I turned off my phone after setting it up, I could call my wife on VoLTE but it wouldn't text, saying it was trying to find my phone remotely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy