Active 2 tutorial?

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I've owned this watch for a couple of months now, and while I like enough to know it's a keeper, I also feel that I am not getting full use from it. I have poked around it as much as I can, but honestly, I don't even know how to start a workout with it; when I go for a walk, it alerts me to the fact that I'm walking, and finally when I have stopped. Right now it's pretty much functioning as a, errr, watch and alarm clock. So, can someone point me to a resource that can show me what else I can do with it and how to do it? Many thanks.

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, just what I needed. This brings me to one question: what is the little watch icon that appears at the top of the screen? I can't find any reference to it in the manual, and it shows up often. Oh, and I do not get the Samsung Health icon (the multicolored triangle) at all. I see that it shows three calculations, which I assume are from my last activity, but the phone app seems a lot more intuitive.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, just what I needed. This brings me to one question: what is the little watch icon that appears at the top of the screen? I can't find any reference to it in the manual, and it shows up often. Oh, and I do not get the Samsung Health icon (the multicolored triangle) at all. I see that it shows three calculations, which I assume are from my last activity, but the phone app seems a lot more intuitive.

The watch icon if it's what I think you're referring to means you're too far away from your phone, and you've lost bluetooth connection.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I haven't tried that I wanted it to display on the phone screen during workouts on my road bike

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
On your phone using the Galaxy Wear app, there is a section for Wigets. There is a dedicated widget for "samsung health-heart rate". Add that and you'll have your heart rate on the watch as a widget when you swipe to the left. It probably won't make it show on the workout app if that's what you're looking for. Now you may have to enable continuous heart rate monitoring to get the info you want. This will seriously cut into your battery life. You'll probably have to charge every night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty