Can I use Samsung Pay on my Samsung Galaxy watch, without having my phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Galaxy 8+ phone synced to Galaxy Smart Watch. I want to be able to use Samsung Pay without having my phone around. Is this possible?

asralphs

May 6, 2020
Visit site
thank you, I registered. I have Samsung Pay app on both watch and phone, but when using watch, the message is "Get ready to use Samsung Pay on your phone". I hit OK and it says 'stay connected to your phone'. On my phone 'App Permissions' come up, but I have no idea of what I need to change. Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
thank you, I registered. I have Samsung Pay app on both watch and phone, but when using watch, the message is "Get ready to use Samsung Pay on your phone". I hit OK and it says 'stay connected to your phone'. On my phone 'App Permissions' come up, but I have no idea of what I need to change. Thanks!
Hi, welcome to AC!
I guess my Q is: Can I use my watch without my phone nearby?
What watch is is it ? Does it have lte?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
yes you can. You do not need the phone nearby to use samsung pay. however, you can only use it 5-10 times before it needs to sync. I am not sure since I never reached the limit. It is one of the other depending on the phone. I use it all the time at work since phones are not allowed in the building. I have the gear s2 classic.

asralphs

May 6, 2020
Visit site
The Galaxy smartwatch, and yes I use it without my phone for calls, texts, emails, Spotify, etc - but I would like to use Samsung Pay also without having the phone.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site