Anyone with Galaxy Watch having problems with step count since last update?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Have you noticed that the floor counter is way off since the last update?

Before, I could climb steps, several floors, before it would actually count them, and then maybe half were actually counted. Now, I will have just gone up the steps like once or twice and then shortly afterwards, I get the notification that I reached the goal of 10 floors.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: anyone with

Sorry, I had anyone with GW in the title, but somehow part of the title to this thread was cut off.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Thank you both for assisting. It's actually issues with the watch counting the floors when climbing stairs.

I had my GW on for about 5 minutes this morning and had only gone upstairs twice in my 2 story house before getting the notification that I had reached the 10 floor goal.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
I have the opposite problem with my Active 2. It has never counted steps well and unfortunately the update didn't change that. I can easily do 10 flights a day, but my watch always tells me that it has been 1 or 2.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I have the opposite problem with my Active 2. It has never counted steps well and unfortunately the update didn't change that. I can easily do 10 flights a day, but my watch always tells me that it has been 1 or 2.

This is what I used to experience prior to the latest update. My watch seldom would count my trips to the upstairs of my home, but I always figured maybe it was due to not being enough of a difference in elevation. I would have to think this counts step by movement along with changes in the altimeter.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
This is what I used to experience prior to the latest update. My watch seldom would count my trips to the upstairs of my home, but I always figured maybe it was due to not being enough of a difference in elevation. I would have to think this counts step by movement along with changes in the altimeter.
I think they try to say something to that effect, but I can go from the basement to the upper level of my home and back down several times in a day, often several times in an hour and still only have 1 to 2 flights counted.

Surely Samsung doesn't expect us to climb the 262 feet of the Paikon del Diablo waterfall just to have it counted as a flight? I just don't think it has ever worked as it should, but my Active 2 hasn't changed how it behaves since the update.

Edit: I found Samsungs wording on it. They claim "a floor is counted for every 10 feet, which is about 17 stairs." From my basement to the upper level is 3 stories and 30 steps. I can do this 10 or more times a day and still have 1-2 flights to show at the end of the day IF I am lucky. In the 13 months I have owned it, it claims I have achieved my stair goal of 10 or more flights 1 time, 60% of the days it says I climbed no stairs, another 40% 1-2 Flights, 8% between 3-5, and 2% 5 or more. Percentages are approximate.

b33d42128be6701bad9efc16cf31af31.jpg

Last edited: