Where can I see my GPS route on my phone?

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
When I'm hiking and running, where can I see my tracked route on my phone? I assumed it was a part of S-health, but nothing there.

Thanks
Not quite the answer to your question, but I would highly remcommend Gear Tracker app. Well worth it. I go hiking too and one of the features is a crumb trail GPS route actually on the watch. Also has a compass on the same screen. See attached. This is the complete route after I arrived home. It draws in real time. Red and green are start and finish points. The app has thousands of customisable features for other sports too. You can choose the screens to display what you like. Attached is one of my screens from a fell run I did a few days ago
I think the answer to your question is you would need to start the hike on your phone either on S Health or Strava or Komoot etc
You could additionally start Gear Tracker on the watch and then you would have the best of both worlds.
186330daa089695e6c68a86f313cae35.jpg
a8d09ee2f36c2e20e7b59dc26d322323.jpg

Ninjasquirrel

Dec 23, 2018
Visit site
Not quite the answer to your question, but I would highly remcommend Gear Tracker app. Well worth it. I go hiking too and one of the features is a crumb trail GPS route actually on the watch. Also has a compass on the same screen. See attached. This is the complete route after I arrived home. It draws in real time. Red and green are start and finish points. The app has thousands of customisable features for other sports too. You can choose the screens to display what you like. Attached is one of my screens from a fell run I did a few days ago
I think the answer to your question is you would need to start the hike on your phone either on S Health or Strava or Komoot etc
You could additionally start Gear Tracker on the watch and then you would have the best of both worlds.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210404/186330daa089695e6c68a86f313cae35.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210404/a8d09ee2f36c2e20e7b59dc26d322323.jpg

Great reply, I'll look into the GT-app.
It's kinda disappointing I think, if the stock apps can't display my route on my phone. I jused the hike-tracking for the first time a few days ago, and noticed when I ended the hike it showed me a log with the tracked route at the bottom, tho not on top of an actual map. I found all the data from my hike on the S-health app on my phone, but not my GPS-tracking.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
It's kinda disappointing I think, if the stock apps can't display my route on my phone. I jused the hike-tracking for the first time a few days ago, and noticed when I ended the hike it showed me a log with the tracked route at the bottom, tho not on top of an actual map. I found all the data from my hike on the S-health app on my phone, but not my GPS-tracking.
Yeah, S Health phone app features while exercising are very limited.
When I'm running, I don't even take my phone. Gear Tracker does everything on the watch. With a pair of buds you have your music, too. Real feeling of freedom, I love it. (But I recognise some people want their phone with them, too when they run).
Hiking is different. I need my phone for proper navigation. So on a long hike, I will plan a route on Komoot beforehand and start that on the phone and also start Gear Tracker on the watch at the same time. The watch suffices most of the time but the phone will give me a full map and directions when I need it.
When back home, Gear Tracker automatically uploads the full route from watch GPS to Strava (if you want it to). Then if you add Strava as a 'connected device' in phone S Health settings, it will also upload to S Health, so you have all your stats there. However, I've just checked and the route map shows on Strava but not S Health. I guess that's another S Health limitation.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
This is what the uploaded map looks like on Strava with satellite view. You can choose a hybrid or standard map with street names, too.
9d789b5b47fa6c1290e9b1f8f29fd850.jpg

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
When I'm hiking and running, where can I see my tracked route on my phone? I assumed it was a part of S-health, but nothing there.

Thanks
Do you have a google account? If so they have all that information (even if you have your GPS turned off). Just check your activity there. it's frightening!

Ninjasquirrel

Dec 23, 2018
Visit site
Yeah some years back I turned of everything I could find in regards to google tracking, but then there's all these apps that needs access to this and that. It's a headache keeping track of it all. Kinda makes me wanna go off the grid.

Peter621022

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, the stock apps can display your route fora manually started Training, not for an automatically detected training. See the attached example. If it is enough for you, that's for you to decide.Screenshot_20210414-134850_Samsung%20Health.jpg

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Not quite the answer to your question, but I would highly remcommend Gear Tracker app. Well worth it. I go hiking too and one of the features is a crumb trail GPS route actually on the watch. Also has a compass on the same screen.

Does the compass actually work on the Galaxy Watch 3? I haven't seen it as functional with some watch faces and other apps.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Google Maps My Your Timeline works great for me, shows where I've been

Yep Google knows more about us than we do... so does Apple. That's one of the reasons Linux and de-googled phones, as well as VPN's and privacy browsers like Brave, Firefox, and Tor are becoming so popular.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance