I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3. I recently changed phones from a Motorola G7 Power to a Samsung Galaxy A32 5g.

I can't get calendar notifications working again. I have several events throughout the day that I have my Google Calendar set up to make a simple chime sound. The sound is driven by "notify me 4 minutes before" in the event settings in Google calendar.

At this point, I am not getting the chime that should be triggered by the "notify me 4 minutes before." instead, I get an alarm, that I have to manually turn off, on the watch at the time of the event.

I had this working before, so it has to be something simple, I am just not seeing it.

Any Thoughts?
    10-08-2021 05:46 PM
    Here was the solution. The Samsung comes with a Samsung Calendar that is simply called "Calendar." I thought it was Google Calendar, as it looks almost the same.

Once I came to that thought, I went to Google Play and it said that Google Calendar was already installed. I told it to install anyways.

I then removed the default calendar and made the changes in "Samsung Wear" and the alerts started working like they are supposed to. The core to the confusion is that the Samsung Calendar is called "Samsung Calendar" in everything I read. Nowhere does it say that on the phone, it is simply called "Calendar."

I knew it would be something simple. Of course, it takes hours to get to that simple solution.
    10-09-2021 06:54 PM
    Duplicate
    10-09-2021 06:59 PM