Bixby on watch

ogoditsnick

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh man, I heard bixby was bad but wow.
This thing is like 10 years behind Google and Alexa.
Does anyone else have issues with bixby?
I bought this watch hoping I can use bixby to control my smart things and smart home devices and it doesn't understand crap.
Keeps saying error or I can't find that answer.

What am I doing wrong? Or have anyone else ran into issues like this?

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, unfortunately the only thing you're doing wrong (IMHO) is trying to use it. I've tried it on a number of phones since it's inception and have only been disappointed. Again, my opinion - not trying to start a war of words.

How's the rest of the watch treating you?

ogoditsnick

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Yea I was afraid someone would say that.
It's a really sleek watch and initial impressions are good but I really want a smart watch for home automation control and good battery.
If it doesn't get better I guess I'll have to wait for a pixel watch or if Alexa gets put on a watch.

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Oh man, I heard bixby was bad but wow.
This thing is like 10 years behind Google and Alexa.
Does anyone else have issues with bixby?
I bought this watch hoping I can use bixby to control my smart things and smart home devices and it doesn't understand crap.
Keeps saying error or I can't find that answer.

What am I doing wrong? Or have anyone else ran into issues like this?

I get "i cant find that answer" 99% of the time on my note 8. I thought it was just me lol.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Silly me thought I could say "bixby play xx album" and then google play would open up like on android wear. Well the first three times it didn't understand what I was saying so after saying it as slow as possible ity finally got what I wanted bu "Cannot find" came up

I would have stuck with AW but AW2.0 has been sluggish and get a connection issues on the multiple watches I own. Plus battery life isn't great. Maybe the new SOC from qualcomm will fix that

ogoditsnick

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Real shame. I'll say open garage....which program?....smart things....."Samsung makes excellent products"

Liar

God forbid I say tell smart thing to open garage it will try to send a text.

Think they will allow other assistants like the did with their phones and their bixby button?

This watch would be a killer with Google assistant

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Real shame. I'll say open garage....which program?....smart things....."Samsung makes excellent products"

Liar

God forbid I say tell smart thing to open garage it will try to send a text.

Think they will allow other assistants like the did with their phones and their bixby button?

This watch would be a killer with Google assistant

I will say this, I used Bixby decent amount on Note 8 and it got to be ok. On Note 9 not as good and watch a step back even further. I can ask question on Note 9 and get answer. Ask same question on watch and doesnt know how to do. Still love the watch though.

ogoditsnick

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It is a great looking watch and does alot of things well. But the main draw was to have an assistant to use while running around with kids. Turn on lights, lock doors, open garage.

The battery is great so far, which is a plus

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Its kinda strange though, questions it had problems doing yesterday are working today. Not sure what changed. At least for me has improved over night.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Is there anyway to train Bixby on the watch like you can on the phone? On the phone there was an option to tell Bixby what it did wrong so the next time it does it right.

ogoditsnick

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
so i had to do a lot of digging and it looks like Bixby on the watch is not 2.0.
in fact its literally the same thing as S-voice.

extremely disappointing and after talking to samsung customer support there doesn't seem to be a date where 2.0 would even come to this watch

and no, i have not found a way to correct bixby if it gets something wrong.
so far it gets everything wrong

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
so i had to do a lot of digging and it looks like Bixby on the watch is not 2.0.
in fact its literally the same thing as S-voice.

extremely disappointing and after talking to samsung customer support there doesn't seem to be a date where 2.0 would even come to this watch

and no, i have not found a way to correct bixby if it gets something wrong.
so far it gets everything wrong

I got a Note 9 as well. It looks like they removed correction from 2.0 at least I see no way how. I assumed watch was same because of that.

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
My advice: Don't buy a Galaxy Watch and plan to use Bixby. Wife got hers today, and let me tell you that Bixby is a disaster. Just lower your expectations concerning the use of any voice assistant on a Galaxy Watch.

ogoditsnick

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
My advice: Don't buy a Galaxy Watch and plan to use Bixby. Wife got hers today, and let me tell you that Bixby is a disaster. Just lower your expectations concerning the use of any voice assistant on a Galaxy Watch.

very frustrating. i bought this watch for 2 reasons.
1) helps me save money on health insurance
2) be able to control my smartthings and home devices via voice right on my wrist

very disappointed with this so far

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Bixby has been working for me so far. It was awful the first few hours, but seems to have improved greatly. I use it a lot on my Note 8.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I saw this in quick start guide that Bixby was limited at launch. I wonder why so many say like old version, maybe have not released yet?

quickstart.PNG

bshirer

Sep 11, 2018
Visit site
I keep thinking there has to be something wrong with my Bixby settings. It can't be this bad, can it?

When I activate Bixby is gives me hints on what to ask. One of them is "Search Bermuda Triangle". When I say "Search Bermuda Triangle", it's answer is: "I could not find the answer to your question".

Why would Samsung suggest a particular search that does not return any results?

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I keep thinking there has to be something wrong with my Bixby settings. It can't be this bad, can it?

When I activate Bixby is gives me hints on what to ask. One of them is "Search Bermuda Triangle". When I say "Search Bermuda Triangle", it's answer is: "I could not find the answer to your question".

Why would Samsung suggest a particular search that does not return any results?

If you look at pic I posted above it says Bixby is limited at launch. I am guessing that is why.

nofaithineli

May 29, 2016
Visit site
I've been pleasantly surprised by Bixby on my S9+ despite the bad reviews. The Galaxy watch experience is an absolute joke in it's current form so hopefully it gets up to par. It also doesn't work on LTE.. virtually nothing does except calls and texts.