Galaxy watch

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Techradar reckons these new watches will only charge on the supplied charging dock and also the Samsung duo charger has anyone heard/read anything similar? Has anyone got the galaxy watch and tried charging on a third party QI charging pad?
Feel free to move this question to an appropriate place I wasnt sure where to post it.

Nacho1545

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Techradar reckons these new watches will only charge on the supplied charging dock and also the Samsung duo charger has anyone heard/read anything similar? Has anyone got the galaxy watch and tried charging on a third party QI charging pad?
Feel free to move this question to an appropriate place I wasnt sure where to post it.

I've tried it and no it doesn't work on any other QI chargers. I have 2 Samsung QI chargers and it won't work on either style. Only the supplied charger. Little annoying.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The gear s3 never charged on anything other than the supplied charger for me. Must have something to do with the size of the coil in the charger.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site

I purchased these...

Kissmart Replacement Gear S3 Charger (2PCS), Charging Cradle Dock for Samsung Gear S3 Classic/Frontier Smart Watch (Black - 2PCS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07147G87...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6335004

They do charge the watch at seemingly the same speed, but there IS a message on watch that reads "use original charger" . I use one at my desk at work so I have been checking it frequently while charging and there is no heat build up. I will use them sparingly as the battery in the 46mm is a beast!

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Wonder why they didn't make it compatible with other chargers.
I'm getting a free duos charger with mine so that can be my bed stand and I'll use the original/included one at work

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a Eeekit charger from Amazon and it works. I get the same use original charger message but other than that it's fine.
it does not work with my LG Style charger.

Chiefmas

Nov 7, 2018
Visit site
I'm late to this thread, having only recently gotten a Galaxy Watch, but mine charges on my regular 3rd party pads I charge my phone with. I will say it's sometimes tricky getting it lined up just right so it will charge.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought this one

Samsung Galaxy Watch Charger Stand, Replacement Charging Stand Charging Cradle Dock Adapter Holder Compatible for Samsung Galaxy Watch (46mm/42mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H92ZKM...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6393718

It works great but it is finicky. It has to be on the stand perfectly or you get the use original charger error or it flips back and forth in landscape mode. Sort of weird. Get it on square it is perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10