Sleep tracking issues on Galaxy Watch?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I’ve had the Galaxy Watch for well over a week now. Most of the time it records the wrong sleep times. I usually sleep 7 hours a night, and the watch records 1-2 hours sleep time. I’ve reset this thing twice and nothing has changed. Am I the only one with this problem, or are there others?

Los_914

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I just returned the 2nd watch (46mm) to the Tmobile store. It would not connect with cell phone to track sleep, not a known issue yet, but i bet it will be. Then again my wife had the 42mm and it worked fine. There was a Samsung tecnhician at the store, and he couldnt even figure out the issue. All other sensors worked, heart, stress, ect. Too bad cause other than that, i really loved the watch.

Nacho1545

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
No issues with my first 2 watches when it comes to this. (Returned the first due to not liking it, returned 2nd as screen was installed wrong). Will try it tonight on number 3 watch tonight. In any case my first watch even tracked my nap when I was watching tv. Lol.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Can you set the sensitivity settings?

On another note, 7 hours is my nightly target sleep. I am lucky to get 5, and never more than 3 hours unbroken. Lucky, lucky you!!

Nacho1545

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
As promised I tried it last night. It started 4 minutes after I closed my eyes and 8 minutes after I got out of bed. Guess it wasnt sure if I was really awake or not.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
As promised I tried it last night. It started 4 minutes after I closed my eyes and 8 minutes after I got out of bed. Guess it wasnt sure if I was really awake or not.

Usually 30 minutes to an hour after I get up I get the notification about sleep. Usually it is pretty accurate. As for OP and 1-2 hours sleep, Are you sure it didn't break it up into 2 sleeps? If I wake up and go to bathroom, etc, I sometimes have it broken into 2. Both pretty accurate. One may say 2 hours and other 5.5 etc. Check Health app. Also, if you notice it screwed up on wake up time, you can edit if you have to.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I've got the 46 mm version and my sleep tracking is fine. When I turn on continuous heart rate monitoring it usually records between 0 and 15 minutes of deep sleep, which is weird. But then I'm a light sleeper so this makes sense.

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Mines not great either tbh. It records sleep from when I'm inactive in bed when I'm actually still awake giving me lots more sleep than I've actually had.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Got mine yesterday (46mm bluetooth version) and it recorded 4.50 sleep time out of the 5 hours I was wearing it in bed, 4.29 of actual sleep time so given that it takes a bit to record and I got uo a couple of times to go to the toilet I think it did pretty OK.
I'll try wearing it through the whole night tonight

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else seeing that it starts recording sleep from when goodnight mode is activated until its deactivated again? That seems to be happening to mine giving me longer sleep stats than I've actually had.

d33pth0u9ht

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I've got the 46 mm version and my sleep tracking is fine. When I turn on continuous heart rate monitoring it usually records between 0 and 15 minutes of deep sleep, which is weird. But then I'm a light sleeper so this makes sense.

Same. Only issue I have observed is that S health reports that sleep stages are not tracking due to not being able to obtain a consistent heart rate. Not sure why this is the case as I have had no issues tracking heartrate.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Same. Only issue I have observed is that S health reports that sleep stages are not tracking due to not being able to obtain a consistent heart rate. Not sure why this is the case as I have had no issues tracking heartrate.

I've had that happen to me once, i.e. I turned on continuous monitoring but it still didn't record my stages of sleep and instead gave me the restless/light/motionless breakdown.

whgrell

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site
After turning on continuous heart rate monitor, I've received more detailed sleep information. Funny thing is I haven't had any deep sleep recorded. Just awake, light and REM. Don't know what qualifies as deep sleep, but my watch doesn't think I get any.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
After turning on continuous heart rate monitor, I've received more detailed sleep information. Funny thing is I haven't had any deep sleep recorded. Just awake, light and REM. Don't know what qualifies as deep sleep, but my watch doesn't think I get any.
How do I turn that option on? I've looked on the phone app as well as on the watch and I cant find the option for. Continuous heart rate monitoring

whgrell

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site
How do I turn that option on? I've looked on the phone app as well as on the watch and I cant find the option for. Continuous heart rate monitoring
Go to the heartrate widget or Samsung Health app and when you can see your heartrate you should see 3 dots on the edge of the screen. Touch those and then it should change to a screen that says view each date and also has the icon for settings. After touching that icon that should then take you to Auto heartrate settings. Change to Always from Frequent (default) or Never.

misterjackson

Oct 11, 2018
Visit site
I'm having the same issues with the sleep tracking. It fails to track an entire night of sleep, or its missing chunks of time. The app also tells me it couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading. I'm loving the watch, but the sleep tracking is really letting it down.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12