WhatsApp Notifications

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using a Garmin Forerunner 645 as a smartwatch, and it's mostly great, with one huge exception. When I receive several WhatsApp messages in quick succession, I typically see only the first notification and have to dig deep into a settings menu to see the rest of them. As a result, I've missed a handful of really important messages.

How do WhatsApp messages work with the Galaxy Watch?

c7aig

Sep 10, 2018
Visit site
I'm currently using a Garmin Forerunner 645 as a smartwatch, and it's mostly great, with one huge exception. When I receive several WhatsApp messages in quick succession, I typically see only the first notification and have to dig deep into a settings menu to see the rest of them. As a result, I've missed a handful of really important messages.

How do WhatsApp messages work with the Galaxy Watch?

With the Gear S3, it behaved the same as your Garmin, you could only see the last message. With the Galaxy watch you can see all the messages but only from the last sender.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
With the Gear S3, it behaved the same as your Garmin, you could only see the last message. With the Galaxy watch you can see all the messages but only from the last sender.

Very good... I have very few WhatsApp contacts (but they're also my most important contacts), so I'm not terribly worried about receiving messages from more than one of them at a time.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
@c7aig, what version of the Galaxy Watch do you have? I've got the 46 mm T-Mobile variant and I can see messages from multiple senders.

c7aig

Sep 10, 2018
Visit site
@c7aig, what version of the Galaxy Watch do you have? I've got the 46 mm T-Mobile variant and I can see messages from multiple senders.

I have the 42.

Just to be clear, I can see messages from multiple sender's, but if I have 2 conversations with multiple messages in each, I will only see multiple messages from the last sender. Otherwise it the last message sent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz