No vibration on Galaxy Watch for notifications

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I've got a oneplus 6 , and while notifications from it appear on the Galaxy Watch Screen, the watch doesn't vibrate (SMS, incoming email etc.). Anyone else experienced this?

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Found the issue! As i had sound down for notifications, vibrate wouldn’t work! So put notification sound up to it’s minimum and vibrate now works!

Oh dear, that's unfortunate... I want my watch to vibrate without making sounds, so I hope there's a way to make that happen.

Jadaress1

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
There is, mine vibrates without sound, it's in the sound settings on the watch, I just turned down sounds and left vibration on. I've never owned a watch that couldn't do such a simple thing.

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
To clarify, i want the watch to ring and vibrate for calls, but only vibrate for notifications. Setting notifications to silent on the gear app seemed to disable vibrate on the watch. so i've now set it to 'wine cork' low, and there is still a small sound but still vibration

jimjonesG7

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Jay8888
Mine has the same problem. So frustrating. I should have purchased another Smartwatch

I heard there's a new apple watch..... Try that

Kunoinvest

Dec 17, 2018
Visit site
Jay8888
Mine has the same problem. So frustrating. I should have purchased another Smartwatch

I heard there's a new apple watch..... Try that

Hi Guys, this may help your issue. I had the same issue and found that I have Good night mode switched on. you may also find you have Do not disturb or even Theatre mode on. you can find these setting by
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Advanced
3. turn the bezel to goodnight mode, if the status is OFF, then change to ON and press ok.
4. Both Do not disturb and Theatre mode are located here also, so if this doesn't work just check the status and ensure they are are also switched off.