I have a Gear S3 Frontier on my TMobile as a stand alone number wearable account. Can the Galaxy Watch be used on TMobile on this line or would I have to buy a voice line to use it? TMobile guy said I had to buy a phone with a voice line in order to activate the watch. Is this true? If so, I'll keep my Frontier S3 LTE.
    09-27-2018 06:48 PM
    As I understand it (I don't have one) from TMO, you have to have at least one regular account. But the watch can get its own number.
    09-28-2018 06:20 PM
    My Gear S3 has a wearable plan only and it's own number. WTF was Samsung thinking when they made this watch tied to a phone and a phone line. Or is this TMO's doing.
    09-29-2018 06:52 AM
    I have a Gear S3 Frontier on my TMobile as a stand alone number wearable account. Can the Galaxy Watch be used on TMobile on this line or would I have to buy a voice line to use it? TMobile guy said I had to buy a phone with a voice line in order to activate the watch. Is this true? If so, I'll keep my Frontier S3 LTE.
    Are you upgrading? If so, you could just trade in your Frontier and transfer the number to your Galaxy Watch. That's what I did.
    09-29-2018 07:50 AM
    I tried that and the rep at the TMobile Store said I couldn't do that because I had a wearable only line and not a regular voice line. My voice line is with Sprint, my wearable line is with TMobile.
    10-01-2018 05:32 AM
    I tried that and the rep at the TMobile Store said I couldn't do that because I had a wearable only line and not a regular voice line. My voice line is with Sprint, my wearable line is with TMobile.
    So did you ever get this sorted out? What was the outcome?
    10-27-2018 04:15 AM
    I'm just like you. I have Verizon but a tmobile gear s3. Unfortunately from my experience the galax watch won't work because it's no longer a stand alone it is now linked to their new digits platform.
    10-28-2018 02:11 AM