Always On isn't always on and even disables itself

d4005

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had my SGW for a few days now and due to my life habits (ability to top up the charge daily) I'm wanting to keep the watch "always on". Naturally I found the always on settings and enabled that. I also disabled the wake-up gestures (you don't need to wake up if you don't let it sleep). I had noticed a sort of sleep-now gesture also, so didn't want that affecting me. Note: all my questions are related to having the watch on, I understand that if I were to take it off then it's entitled to sleep.

My problem is that (a) sometimes I look and see my watchface completely black and I look at the always on setting and see that it's switched itself off ... as if the always on only works for 24 hours maximum before disabling itself, and (b) even when always on is enabled, it has two modes. See below, the fully awake screen and the semi-sleep screen. It seems like there are 3 states : fully awake, semi-awake, and sleep. These two screens below show the fully awake and semi awake, both with the same watchface.

2018-10-05 23.32.33.jpg 2018-10-05 23.32.22.jpg

Peter621022

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
This actually is exactly how it was designed to work.

AOD on means that you will get the what you call semi-awake screen after a set time-out (this is a setting in the Display menu. The maximum time-out is 5 minutes, default is 15 seconds).
The longer you keep your watch awake, the faster your battery will go down.
The semi-awake screen is actually meant for those who want to be able to see the time "always" without loosing too much battery life.

If you haven't used the watch for a longer time, it will go to sleep mode, switching off the screen to blank.

It's all about preserving battery life.

d4005

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
This actually is exactly how it was designed to work.

AOD on means that you will get the what you call semi-awake screen after a set time-out (this is a setting in the Display menu.
Yeah I see that. I have the timeout set to 5 minutes (to minimize my AOD pain). I wanted to know if there's any way of AOD being the same as fully awake.

I know it would affect battery life but as long as I make a whole day I'm fine with it if I can have always awake. Maybe there's an app around that keeps it always awake. Or a watchface that has its AOD semi-awake screen identical to its fully awake screen. Maybe I need to be the one to create one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca