Bluetooth connected to watch killing phone battery

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I thought bluetooth was always known as a "low energy technology". For me this doesn't seem to be the case. My phone battery is draining faster than the watch and it is all because of bluetooth. If I turn bluetooth off on my phone,all is well again.

alians07

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
I thought bluetooth was always known as a "low energy technology". For me this doesn't seem to be the case. My phone battery is draining faster than the watch and it is all because of bluetooth. If I turn bluetooth off on my phone,all is well again.

Just received my watch yesterday, I found this problem with my phone as well. Damn, they should have implemented Bluetooth 5.0 on note 9.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, I don't have much basis for comparison because I've had my Galaxy Watch connected to my phone from day one. But it's pretty normal for the phone to drain faster than the watch, since you're probably using your phone a lot more. How much battery life are you getting? I get an estimated 12 hours from 100% with my current usage on my Note 9.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a Note 8 and have noticed more battery drain after getting the watch and having Bluetooth always on, it isn't mega drain though.
Not sure if there's a way to see how much stuff is syncing between phone and watch which would use battery in background as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol