I'm trying to determine if 29 bpm is the lowest the HR monitor will record. I consider myself pretty fit in that I run/jog 5-7 times a week. 29 is the lowest HR I've observed while asleep over night (since early September). With my older Polar watch I've seen it lower than that.

Could some of you share the lowest HR you've observed on the watch?

Thanks.
    10-10-2018 08:19 AM
    If I saw 29bpm I would be afraid to be dead, I don't wear it at night though but lowest daytime reading is 60-65 and usually 100-110 when out walking (I do walk fast)
    10-10-2018 04:29 PM
    I don't wear it to sleep but I hover around 50-60 at rest and as high as 130-140 when running flat out.
    10-11-2018 08:54 AM
    I don't know, 29 is really low. I have had Gear Pro 2 and Galaxy watch. Both pretty consistent with me going to 46-48 as lowest. Avg during day at desk is 55-65. If it was me and felt accurate, I would get checked.
    10-12-2018 03:36 PM
    Thanks for your concern. But yes, I've been checked and all is good.

During the day my resting heart rate (RHR), while sitting at desk, is usually in the range of 41-55.

The way I see it is your "true" RHR is when you're asleep (doing nothing) just as your max HR is when you're doing some uphill jaunts/sprints.

It would be helpful to determine the lowest bpm's the watch can capture if some try a few nights of wearing it to bed and post, thanks.
    10-13-2018 03:47 PM
    Thanks for your concern. But yes, I've been checked and all is good.

During the day my resting heart rate (RHR), while sitting at desk, is usually in the range of 41-55.

The way I see it is your "true" RHR is when you're asleep (doing nothing) just as your max HR is when you're doing some uphill jaunts/sprints.

It would be helpful to determine the lowest bpm's the watch can capture if some try a few nights of wearing it to bed and post, thanks.
    I wear every night and lowest is 46.
    10-14-2018 08:46 AM
    I wear every night and lowest is 46.
    Are you using the strap it came with or a different one?
    The one it came with is OK but would annoy me at night
    10-15-2018 04:08 PM
    I'm trying to determine if 29 bpm is the lowest the HR monitor will record. I consider myself pretty fit in that I run/jog 5-7 times a week. 29 is the lowest HR I've observed while asleep over night (since early September). With my older Polar watch I've seen it lower than that.

Could some of you share the lowest HR you've observed on the watch?

Thanks.
    My lowest is record by the watch is 32 at night, deep sleep or something, I don't know if I should be worry, or if if the watch is accurate.
    11-15-2018 03:49 AM
    WTH guys!? I jog between 14 and 20 times a week, 3 miles each session, so I've got decent cardiac health if nothing else, and I never get below 55! What are you people doing to get such low heart rates?

I will say that it's cool the Galaxy Watch has fitness tracking to enable us to make these comparisons.
    11-15-2018 11:05 PM
    Lowest I've seen mine is 41. U have a better chance of capturing ur true lowest reading if u leave heart monitoring "always on".
    11-15-2018 11:25 PM
    WTH guys!? I jog between 14 and 20 times a week, 3 miles each session, so I've got decent cardiac health if nothing else, and I never get below 55! What are you people doing to get such low heart rates?

I will say that it's cool the Galaxy Watch has fitness tracking to enable us to make these comparisons.
    Motivating!. I only run 4-5 sometimes 6 times a week.
    11-19-2018 03:08 AM
    Those very low numbers are not real heart rates, as they are not within the range of a normally-functioning heart. Obviously, not all beats are being picked up.
    11-19-2018 12:43 PM
    I too have had a couple of days when the watch recorded heartbeats between 29-40. not real. happened last night. had to power off the device and restart to get it to take real heart rate measurements. also struggled with sleep. (because of heart rate measure failure). I wonder if the latest update created this problem
    11-19-2018 02:40 PM
    Those very low numbers are not real heart rates, as they are not within the range of a normally-functioning heart. Obviously, not all beats are being picked up.
    I'm the original poster.

The low HR (29) I've observed while sleeping with this watch
    isn't as low as has been observed in a clinical setting nor
    what I've captured with my Polar watch\HRM chest strap. This
    is why I asked the question at the top of this thread. For me
    this is a real number in fact it's not the lowest I've seen,
    only the lowest this watch can capture, even after resetting
    the watch I consistently get 29 while at sleep. Not everyone
    falls within the range of normality, there are exceptions and
    I'm one of them. I'm sure there are others.
    11-22-2018 12:51 AM
    I'm the original poster.

The low HR (29) I've observed while sleeping with this watch
    isn't as low as has been observed in a clinical setting nor
    what I've captured with my Polar watch\HRM chest strap. This
    is why I asked the question at the top of this thread. For me
    this is a real number in fact it's not the lowest I've seen,
    only the lowest this watch can capture, even after resetting
    the watch I consistently get 29 while at sleep. Not everyone
    falls within the range of normality, there are exceptions and
    I'm one of them. I'm sure there are others.
    01-24-2023 08:06 PM
    I looked at this thread for a similar concern. I consistently bottom out at 38 during sleep, but never lower. Clearly some can go lower, but I wonder if 29 is the absolute lowest....
    01-24-2023 08:07 PM