Spotify keeps draining galaxy watch?

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't even open the app and i always get a message in the watch saying spotify is draining my battery press "fix now" to close the app.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
That's terrible. fortunately I do not have that problem.
You can close apps on the Galaxy Watch by pressing 'Recent Apps' button and selecting 'Close All' or by closing individual Apps.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
That's terrible. fortunately I do not have that problem.
You can close apps on the Galaxy Watch by pressing 'Recent Apps' button and selecting 'Close All' or by closing individual Apps.
But it keeps restarting itself and running every other hour it seem like.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
But is it actually? Apps that run in the background (even doing nothing... Spotify usually does so for connected devices) can cause that annoying warning from Samsung phones even though the actual battery usage is not that abnormal. Maybe the watch is the same, since it's a Sammy watch?

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
But is it actually? Apps that run in the background (even doing nothing... Spotify usually does so for connected devices) can cause that annoying warning from Samsung phones even though the actual battery usage is not that abnormal. Maybe the watch is the same, since it's a Sammy watch?
Here is the current battery results
6529e4a6da6daffc062017669607b2dc.jpg
878a507eee1ce7ac7ddeed2e1c433660.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
1% and on par with the rest of the apps...doesn't sound like it's truly using up your battery to me. If you haven't noticed any abnormal behavior you can just ignore it from the monitoring list. Or try uninstalling it for a day or two and see if it makes a huge difference in battery.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
1% and on par with the rest of the apps...doesn't sound like it's truly using up your battery to me. If you haven't noticed any abnormal behavior you can just ignore it from the monitoring list. Or try uninstalling it for a day or two and see if it makes a huge difference in battery.
Ok. If I see the message pop up again I'll check the battery usage.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I don't even open the app and i always get a message in the watch saying spotify is draining my battery press "fix now" to close the app.

I got Spotify Premium yesterday and have been trying out the app. Here's what I've found so far.

Today I opened the app and downloaded some playlists before going out running. I got this message just before I started Samsung Health, so I pressed "fix now" thinking it would just close the app My watch went into cool down mode and I had to restart it. After the restart everything worked fine.

Normally when I run with GPS, LTE, continuous heart rate monitoring, and music playing (on BT headphones) from local storage, I lose 5% battery life per ten minutes. With Spotify streaming my music via LTE, It's more like 10% every ten minutes. Compare this with about 1% per ten minutes when I jog on a treadmill with my phone nearby, and only use heart rate monitoring. Clearly the bulk of the power was generally being taken up by some combination of Bluetooth, GPS, and music playback from my watch. But streaming over LTE seems to add a fair bit.

I also tried running on a treadmill with just bluetooth headphones and Spotify LTE streaming. This was about 6% per ten minutes. So not having GPS enabled seems to account for about half of the battery drain.

I not yet checked what the discharge rate would be like if if I download music rather than stream, but this will be my next experiment.

zorian99

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
i kept getting this message also so deleted and reinstalled spotify on the watch and havent gotten the alert again