Hi
    Just got my galaxy watch 46mm and galaxy note 9. I was looking in the Samsung health app and noticed the stress test function.
    I was surprised the phone was checking the oxygen saturation.
    After that I looked at the stress test on the watch but there is no saturation function.
    Then I searched on Google but was only finding about blood pressure which I don't understand if I can or not can test?
    Is there a way to check oxygen saturation on the watch?
    And is there a way to check blood pressure on it or not?
    Kind regards kloakmunk
    11-02-2018 02:22 PM
    No and no
    11-02-2018 02:28 PM
    As far as I know the Fitbit Ionic is the only watch with an O2 sensor and they have not implemented it yet. A, few claim BP but I doubt they have any accuracy. You need pressure to detect the two levels and I have never seen a watch band pump up.
    anon(20964) likes this.
    11-02-2018 02:32 PM
    I think you may have read about one of the Galaxy phones that had an O2 sensor
    11-02-2018 02:35 PM
    Exactly my thought on the blood pressure.
    I thought the watch was making the same procedure as the phone. Thank you for the fast answer
    Greymire likes this.
    11-02-2018 02:36 PM
    Exactly my thought on the blood pressure.
    I thought the watch was making the same procedure as the phone. Thank you for the fast answer
    If you look deep in Samsung Health there are settings for BP and such. Even Glucose. I have no idea if these are going to be for manual entry in the future or if some update down the road might activate BP reading or something. It might be like the Fitbit Ionic. Stuff built in that never gets activated for whatever reason.
    11-02-2018 04:05 PM
    My S9+ and Note 9 both can check blood pressure with the help of a 3rd party app, My BP Lab. I've found it to be close to my cuff at home MOST of the time. You have to start with a base reading so you have to have a cuff at home or enter your your readings from your last Dr's appt. It's been months since I installed it but it wanted you to enter your information to help them improve the app. I did it for awhile and stopped sending in the report. When I'd take my bp knowing it was low or high, the app would reflect that. I'm sure it's not as accurate as your Dr's manual pump up arm cuff.
    11-02-2018 04:28 PM
    My S9+ and Note 9 both can check blood pressure with the help of a 3rd party app, My BP Lab. I've found it to be close to my cuff at home MOST of the time. You have to start with a base reading so you have to have a cuff at home or enter your your readings from your last Dr's appt. It's been months since I installed it but it wanted you to enter your information to help them improve the app. I did it for awhile and stopped sending in the report. When I'd take my bp knowing it was low or high, the app would reflect that. I'm sure it's not as accurate as your Dr's manual pump up arm cuff.
    Interesting. I wonder if Galaxy watch is just waiting to get it a bit more refined then will add it since the units of measurement are on the settings.
    11-02-2018 05:26 PM
    I have picked up that the watch has the hardware to check BP optically but that has not yet been approved by the FDA.

since the watch has five sensors on the back I expect it has the hardware to measure O2. But be advised that the reading varies a lot based on technique, position and motion.
    11-02-2018 10:11 PM
    1. The Note 9 and S9 has BP sensors on the back since Samsung signed up to be part of the testing for the new infrared blood pressure monitoring system app with UCSF. They're supposed to get that functionality in S Health sometime in the future when it's out of alpha/betra whatever stage that app is in right now. It's called MyBPLab and you can get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...earch.bp&hl=en for limited users only. Currently there are dedicated machines for IR blood pressure detection and I have encountered marketing pitches for that machine.
    2. Currently the Samsung Health BP tracking can sync with several third party BP monitoring machines. This is the list for OMRON that's compatible with Samsung S9: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=-84Wi_dP
    3. Blood Glucose Monitoring on Samsung Health is also supported by third party devices. One of those I know is the Dexcom Continious Blood Glucose Monitoring devices which syncs to S Health. If you have one of those, here is the Dexcom instructions for syncing: https://www.dexcom.com/faq/how-do-i-...a-s-health-app
    11-02-2018 10:29 PM
    Oh thanks for a very good answer. The app cant be downloaded in my country to bad I hope it is going to be precise when it will be done!
    11-28-2018 05:04 AM
    I have been using the My BP Lab app on my S9+ for about a month as part of a UCSF investigation which I understand to be part of a beta test as well as a psychological study relating BP to psychological state of mind.

The readings vary from those of my Omron cuff quite a bit.
    11-28-2018 06:02 PM

Is there a way to check oxygen saturation on the watch?
    Samsung phones have this next to the camera. But these measurements won't be very accurate reading from your wrist. Your finger works way better for SPO2.
    11-30-2018 12:15 PM