Adding Music Playlist

rugby49

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just received the Galaxy Watch 42mm a few days ago and I have it paired with a Note 9. I searched through the forums but could not find a definitive answer for this. I was a past GearFit user (first GearFit) and understand the complexities and problems transferring music to Galaxy devices. So this time rather than jumping right to MusicMate or downloading individual songs from Google to my desktop, I decided to give Samsung SmartSwitch a shot. I successfully transferred 4 Playlist from an Iphone 8P to the Note 9. Music, artists, albums and playlist show up correctly under Samsung Music on the Note 9. So went to Galaxy Wearable on the Note 9 and chose Add content to your watch, Add Tracks, chose Playlist and chose All. Did that for two Playlist. Now when I open Music on the Galaxy Watch and open Playlist it shows 4 Playlist. Favorites, Most Played, Recently Played and Recently Added. So the two Playlists I supposedly transferred were Named Beatles and 60's Music. Neither one of those playlist show up, the music was listed under the recently added. The music can also be found under tracks, artists, albums. This was a problem about 3 years ago with the original gearfit, but that was in the early days of Wearables. I am not a Spotify user but having Playlist on a wearable should really not be a problem especially if it is on Samsung Phone correctly. I did not want to reset the watch and try again until I check to see if this is the way it still is with Samsung. So my question is did I miss a step in the GalaxyWearable App or do we not have the ability to transfer a Named Playlist still with Samsung? Any help would be appreciated.

TammyMd1

Dec 7, 2018
Visit site
Having the same issue here with Galaxy watch and Note 8. I set up the playlist through Google play music then added the playlist (fun songs) from the wearable app. All the songs are listed but no playlist listed under the playlist titled "fun songs". I read on another site that this option (transferring actual playlists) was removed from gearfit 2 or 3, could this be the case for the Galaxy watch too?

Just received the Galaxy Watch 42mm a few days ago and I have it paired with a Note 9. I searched through the forums but could not find a definitive answer for this. I was a past GearFit user (first GearFit) and understand the complexities and problems transferring music to Galaxy devices. So this time rather than jumping right to MusicMate or downloading individual songs from Google to my desktop, I decided to give Samsung SmartSwitch a shot. I successfully transferred 4 Playlist from an Iphone 8P to the Note 9. Music, artists, albums and playlist show up correctly under Samsung Music on the Note 9. So went to Galaxy Wearable on the Note 9 and chose Add content to your watch, Add Tracks, chose Playlist and chose All. Did that for two Playlist. Now when I open Music on the Galaxy Watch and open Playlist it shows 4 Playlist. Favorites, Most Played, Recently Played and Recently Added. So the two Playlists I supposedly transferred were Named Beatles and 60's Music. Neither one of those playlist show up, the music was listed under the recently added. The music can also be found under tracks, artists, albums. This was a problem about 3 years ago with the original gearfit, but that was in the early days of Wearables. I am not a Spotify user but having Playlist on a wearable should really not be a problem especially if it is on Samsung Phone correctly. I did not want to reset the watch and try again until I check to see if this is the way it still is with Samsung. So my question is did I miss a step in the GalaxyWearable App or do we not have the ability to transfer a Named Playlist still with Samsung? Any help would be appreciated.

rugby49

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Took me awhile to figure this out but I found instructions for transferring music to Gear S2 and figured same wearable app should apply to Galaxy Watch. After the individual songs are transferred over through the Wearable app. You have to go back into the app and turn on Auto Sync. After that is turned on you access your playlists directly under the Auto Sync and pick the ones you want to sync. Watch has too be on the charger to sync. After I did that the songs showed up under my playlist on the watch. Not very intuitive or anything I have done in the past with other wearables. But it worked.

M1k3yyy

Dec 7, 2018
Visit site
I have tried this but have a problem with the autosync part. I can transfer the tracks ok but when I slide "Auto Sync" to 'on' I can only sync the 'recently added' playlist - if I click that (which I presume is supposed to allow you to change to another playlist) it crashes :-( Anyone have any ideas ho to fix this?

rugby49

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
About the only thing I can think of to try would be turn off Auto Sync. If the music is from a different playlist try transferring them over as single tracks. Once they are on the watch turn Auto Sync back on. This whole thing is more cumbersome then what it really needs to be. My impression so far is that Samsung would prefer everyone just pay for Spotify. But long term I have noticed little changes in S Health, especially with Apps, from where it was about 3 years ago when I had the GearFit. Also I miss the LTE I have with the Series 4 so I am sending the Galaxy Watch back to Amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech