everybody brags about the battery life of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 46 mm ... mine is dead after 13 hours ... no extra usage, no music, no health apps, no telephone ... just using the watch ... what is wrong with my watch?
    any ideas how to set it up or to configure ...
    Ignatius
    12-25-2018 04:03 AM
    I moved this to the Galaxy Watch forum for more specific traffic.
    12-25-2018 06:13 AM
    Make sure there is no other active app on your phone that is fighting to take over the control of the Bluetooth connection. In my case, whenever I start using Skype for Business, the batteries start dropping like rocks (1% every few minutes) on both my phone (Note8) and the watch. I have to disable the Bluetooth in order to use Skype for Business, and have to restart the phone after use in order to avoid this problem (or may be just wait for a while for Skype to go into sleep completely, but have not tried). As long as the Skype is inactive, there is no problem and I'm getting over 3 days. No other Bluetooth-using apps on my phone seems to cause similar problem.
    12-25-2018 11:33 AM
    I don't know if I can help or not because Verizon has not activated my new Galaxy watch yet, but make sure your software is up to date. I know that recently my S2 was draining very fast. I restarted my watch and my phone a couple of times. Maybe a rogue app was creating the drain or maybe an update rolled out and fixed it because now it is back to great battery life.

How long have you had the watch?
    12-25-2018 11:33 AM
    everybody brags about the battery life of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 46 mm ... mine is dead after 13 hours ... no extra usage, no music, no health apps, no telephone ... just using the watch ... what is wrong with my watch?
    Ignatius
    Use the watch face pictured and you'll easily get 4-5 days.
    Attached Thumbnails Help: Samsung Galaxy Watch Battery life: 13 h-14056.jpg  
    12-25-2018 04:02 PM
    Ignatius
    Woah, that is not normal. I would try a reboot, which you can do by just holding down the power button for about ten seconds. If that doesn't work I'd do a factory reset. And if even that doesn't work, I would exchange the watch, since Samsung offers a one year warranty. I've had cases where some background app (usually Spotify) is eating away at my battery life, but it's never been as atrocious as 13 hours. I mostly stick to the default watch faces, and have not noticed any difference in discharge rates even when using always on display (although neoberry99 seems to have a different experience, so take that data point into consideration too.

Again, this is definitely not normal. It's either a software issue that can be corrected by a reset of some kind, or you need to get a new watch!
    12-25-2018 10:13 PM