Sometimes, when running, my heart rate is detected and recorded the whole time on a 1 hour run, which is awesome. However, more often than not, it loses my pulse several times, sometimes for minutes.

Really curious - how do others find it?
    12-30-2018 10:54 AM
    Sometimes, when running, my heart rate is detected and recorded the whole time on a 1 hour run, which is awesome. However, more often than not, it loses my pulse several times, sometimes for minutes.

Mine is ok but another said it's due to sweat and sensitivity. They said if you wear the watch on the bottom of your wrist while running it works perfectly. I can't verify this because I haven't tried it.
    12-30-2018 12:03 PM
    Thanks, yep, it was me that suggested wearing under the wrist as I thought I'd sussed it. But actually, it seems a bit hit and miss for me.
    Greymire likes this.
    12-30-2018 12:09 PM

My watch loses the heart rate at least once during my typical 30 minute workout. Sometimes it's as bad as once every two or three minutes. But usually it drops out every 10 to 15 minutes. It does this even when I'm outside where it's 6 degrees Fahrenheit, and where sweat is not a significant issue, so it's not clear to me the problem isn't software-based.

Anyway, what I do is put a heart rate widget on my phone so that I can access the HRM and re-acquire my heart rate mid-workout.
    12-31-2018 12:05 AM
    My watch loses the heart rate at least once during my typical 30 minute workout. Sometimes it's as bad as once every two or three minutes. But usually it drops out every 10 to 15 minutes. It does this even when I'm outside where it's 6 degrees Fahrenheit, and where sweat is not a significant issue, so it's not clear to me the problem isn't software-based.

Anyway, what I do is put a heart rate widget on my phone so that I can access the HRM and re-acquire my heart rate mid-workout.
    Similar issues to me, then. If this could be sorted, then the watch for me would be perfect. I don't expect the values it returns to be as accurate as a Garmin watch, but I do expect it not to drop out. I agree, difficult to say whether this problem is hardware or software based. I'm tempted to think the latter as I have had a couple of runs when it tracked perfectly in what I would say are near to identical conditions to when it has dropped out. Take a look at the graph where it has been 100%
    By the way, do you mean you put a HR widget on the watch (not the phone) and if so, are you set to frequent tracking (when not working out as it automatically changes to constant) and do you hit 'measure' to get it going again?How do you find heart rate tracking when exercising?-shealth_11_42_30_178.jpeg
    12-31-2018 05:50 AM
    Today, I ADORE my Galaxy Watch. Cleared out some apps I don't use, cleared cache and RAM and went for a walk and heart rate tracked constantly. Later went to the gym, again cleared cache and RAM before I went in and tracked 100% again on Exercise Bike, Weight Machines and Treadmill.
    Don't know whether it was the clearing out or that I've found a sweet spot wearing it under my wrist, or both, but I am very happy. Hope it lasts!
    01-02-2019 04:16 PM