Free 12 month My Fitness Pal

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Just discovered when I installed the Galaxy Watch Myfitnesspal (MFP) app, Samsung give you a free 12 month access to the Premium version. Which is very nice!
Don't forget to connect MFP to Samsung Health which will sync everything to the Food and Weight Management panels on the phone S Health Dashboard. Also make sure, in the MFP menu, that in Steps, you add S Health as the source. This will send exercise calorie info to MFP, so you can eat a bit more ;)
The Galaxy Watch app is basic, but allows you to keep an eye on your calorie balance and quick add if you can't get your phone out. There's a simple but clear widget, too.
Overall, pretty good.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Great app! I use the free version. :)
The database is amazing, isn't it? I tend to use it now and then for a few days to see where I could improve my habits. I never really use it for longer than that, but can see the advantage if I did.
Did you not get an upgrade to Premium when you installed the Galaxy Watch app? Or do you not really want/ need it?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The database is amazing, isn't it? I tend to use it now and then for a few days to see where I could improve my habits. I never really use it for longer than that, but can see the advantage if I did.
Did you not get an upgrade to Premium when you installed the Galaxy Watch app? Or do you not really want/ need it?

No Galaxy watch here, I'm a Ticwatch 2 guy. :)

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Ah, no worries. Don't know if I'll use that many premium features anyway as I'm used to the free version.
How are you finding the TicWatch 2? Some great reviews and I've actually got one of the TicWatch watchfaces in my selection on the Galaxy Watch. Very nice.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone else find that calories burnt is showing less on the watch than the phone S Health app? I'm showing a difference of about 200 calories.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
That's odd. I already had the free MFP app on my phone. Then when I installed MFP for my Galaxy Watch, it instantly said I have the Premium version for free for 12 months courtesy of Samsung.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I also received this email right away:
10a416b68f0a8361681014b9217ac387.jpg