How to get rid of the annoying "1 image received" message dispaying every 10 minutes?

SUP-Foil

Jan 14, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Received my Samsung Galaxy watch the other day, connected to an S7 phone. So far pretty much excited, except for a very annoying messaging stating "1 image received" displaying on a random frequency, sometimes every 10 minutes or so! No need to say that, no, no new picture has been snapped on my phone.

Any idea?

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Received my Samsung Galaxy watch the other day, connected to an S7 phone. So far pretty much excited, except for a very annoying messaging stating "1 image received" displaying on a random frequency, sometimes every 10 minutes or so! No need to say that, no, no new picture has been snapped on my phone.

Any idea?
It is probably just a notification that can be turned off in Galaxy Apps notifications.

SUP-Foil

Jan 14, 2019
Visit site
Hi Greymire,

Well, problem is that this annoying notification comes from the "GALLERY" App ... not to be found on the "Manage Notifications" Tab, so so far still un-mutable.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure it's not the Gallery on your phone?? I had that issue. It is listed and can be turned off in the Galaxy App.. I thought at first you might have auto sync turned on in the phone app but if you are not getting images on the watch that's not it. Have you tried turning the watch off and on? Next step would be to backup everything in the Galaxy app and do a soft reset on settings, next step would be a full reset using buttons only.. The procedure is in the group here.. I will also look and post.. Or you could just skip everything, backup, then do the full reset. It normally fixes oddball bugs.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
1.Turn the Galaxy off.
2.Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.
3.Press the Power key repeatedly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
4.Press the Power key to highlight ' Recovery'.
5.Press and hold the Home key to select.
6.Keep holding the Power key until the Gear begins rebooting.

This can be tricky and take a few times.. Once you select recovery press home but make sure to release it as soon as you see rebooting or you just loop into a normal boot. You will see it saying it is resetting.. It took me a few texts the first time. I had issues with my first Galaxy and returned it. With this one I did a reset as soon as I got it and updated it and have had no issues other than the deep sleep bug you see in here at times.

SUP-Foil

Jan 14, 2019
Visit site
Gee ... reminds me the "sledge hammer Vs. fly" story! I am wondering if the easiest way around wouldn't be to turn On the "Sync Album" manually, get the pictures transfered and once done turn it Off again?

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Gee ... reminds me the "sledge hammer Vs. fly" story! I am wondering if the easiest way around wouldn't be to turn On the "Sync Album" manually, get the pictures transfered and once done turn it Off again?
Might work if it doesn't fill your storage. It might be worth a try.. But if you have never done a full reset it can be beneficial.