Battery drain has increased

GalaxyLooney

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
I have been keeping a spreadsheet to monitor my battery drain (I know I'm sad).

Prior to the 12th my average drain was around 1.4% per hour.

Since then it has jumped to around 2% per hour.

Is there anything that could have caused the increase? I can't remember when the software updated but am sure it was before this. I have made sure apps are closed and even rebooted the watch.

GalaxyLooney

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
I haven't changed anything. Under Battery it has default 1d 1h 49m and I'm currently on 35%. I'll have to keep tabs on it but it's odd it just jumped up for no apparent reason.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't changed anything. Under Battery it has default 1d 1h 49m and I'm currently on 35%. I'll have to keep tabs on it but it's odd it just jumped up for no apparent reason.
Sounds like a full factory update is in order. Back up your watch in Galaxy app then use the buttons to do a full reset. The button process is a bit annoying and can take a few tries to get it to work.. There is a reset on the settings but it isn't a full reset and you still need to backup so I am not sure why it's even there.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I have been keeping a spreadsheet to monitor my battery drain (I know I'm sad).

Prior to the 12th my average drain was around 1.4% per hour.

Since then it has jumped to around 2% per hour.

Is there anything that could have caused the increase? I can't remember when the software updated but am sure it was before this. I have made sure apps are closed and even rebooted the watch.

Not sure that the battery is actually degrading. Might just be the software inference of the battery percentage remaining.

Case in point. I use AOD on my watch, and I just reset it last week because i connected to a new phone. Today the battery drained at 2.5% per hour. Yesterday it was 3.5% The day before that it was about 2.4% Clearly there are some confounding factors here. But I'm not sure I'd worry about it.

GalaxyLooney

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
It has settled down a bit with although I had a high of 3.8% and low of 1.15% (but that was last night). I'm pretty much averaging 1.5% ph over the whole period. I'm not sure how some people are getting 3 days from it. 2 days and I need to charge. I'm glad I didn't go for the 42mm now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton