T-Mobile LTE Update

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
As I just said the the T-Mobile thread, one thing I have really noticed since the update is how the step tracker seems wide awake when I first start my workout, but 35-40 minutes into it the pace slows. Not my pace, but the watch pace. I have still been using my phone for testing and for making sure I get my steps. My phone pace does not slow.

I just updated to Pie. We will see if this helps. If not, I guess it is going to be a long year or two until some other manufacturer steps up and brings me a different choice.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I found something interesting today. For the first time since the update I got some intermittent heart rate readings. A few times I looked it was trying to find it. It turns out it was the watch face. I changed the watch face and boom.... Instant heart rate. Switched back and it seemed OK. Checked an hour later and it was not finding it again. Deleted the watch face that was reading and switched to o e of my go to's and bang... Instant heart rate. Hours later no problem. So beware. Try a couple watch faces if you see issues after the update.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I use one of my pictures, which I used with the S 2.
I know you are probably very fond of your photo on the watch face, but I would seriously consider trying one of the following watch faces, even if only temporarily. They are all from the same designer and might not be to your taste but they are very high quality (and actually I love them!) I think they all have step counters on them. I would ignore the old advice of not choosing a watch face with a counter. Try one of these, they only cost approx $1 each. The steps will update in the background and every time you wake your watch, you will see if it has updated by the correct amount.
They work great for me.

http://apps.samsung.com/gear/brandPage.as?sellerId=xfotdpp9sw&brandId=0000000006

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I know you are probably very fond of your photo on the watch face, but I would seriously consider trying one of the following watch faces, even if only temporarily. They are all from the same designer and might not be to your taste but they are very high quality (and actually I love them!) I think they all have step counters on them. I would ignore the old advice of not choosing a watch face with a counter. Try one of these, they only cost approx $1 each. The steps will update in the background and every time you wake your watch, you will see if it has updated by the correct amount.
They work great for me.

http://apps.samsung.com/gear/brandPage.as?sellerId=xfotdpp9sw&brandId=0000000006
The watch face that caused me issues had no counters at all. It was just time

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Welp, just went for another run and the HRM dropped out. Had to slow down and hold the watch steady to get it back. So I guess it's better, but still not acceptable. Fortunately it only happened once, whereas previously it wasn't uncommon for me to lose the HR five or six times during a 30 minute run.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Welp, just went for another run and the HRM dropped out. Had to slow down and hold the watch steady to get it back. So I guess it's better, but still not acceptable. Fortunately it only happened once, whereas previously it wasn't uncommon for me to lose the HR five or six times during a 30 minute run.
Try a different face possibly. Like I posted a few back a watch face affected my Heart Rate monitor and it was, a plain face with nothing but the time. It might not help but it's worth a try.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
They work great for me.

You will be taken to Galaxy Store.

I will have to try the link on my phone. On the computer it takes to the Samsung wearable shopping page.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Last night my watch recorded 1h 3m of deep sleep, by far the most it has ever seen. The fact that this reading is possible suggests that the deep sleep tracker is more reliable now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax