Anyone tried doing this yet? Just got my S10+ on Wednesday, and I've been trying out PowerShare. It's a pretty neat feature and has allowed me to pretty much ditch my Galaxy Watch charger when I'm outside. For example, I used to leave one at the office so I could charge my watch every other morning, but I've tried leaving it at home and just using PowerShare, and I'm actually able to get by. I'm finding that placement of the watch on the phone's "sweet spot" is pretty crucial though. If I get it wrong, charging takes place very slowly and I end up with a "use original charger" message on the watch.

Any other experiences with this?
    sonnnet likes this.
    03-08-2019 05:16 PM
    Anyone tried doing this yet? Just got my S10+ on Wednesday, and I've been trying out PowerShare. It's a pretty neat feature and has allowed me to pretty much ditch my Galaxy Watch charger when I'm outside. For example, I used to leave one at the office so I could charge my watch every other morning, but I've tried leaving it at home and just using PowerShare, and I'm actually able to get by. I'm finding that placement of the watch on the phone's "sweet spot" is pretty crucial though. If I get it wrong, charging takes place very slowly and I end up with a "use original charger" message on the watch.

Any other experiences with this?
    S10+ Nice!
    Does it take ages to charge the watch, though, given that the watch charges very slowly even from the mains? And how much does it drain the S10+?

I'm curious as I may be interested in Note 10 when it arrives.
    03-09-2019 06:31 PM
    S10+ Nice!
    Does it take ages to charge the watch, though, given that the watch charges very slowly even from the mains? And how much does it drain the S10+?

I'm curious as I may be interested in Note 10 when it arrives.
    When I charged the other day from 93% to 100% with PowerShare, my phone went from 99% to 93%. So I guess you're getting almost a percent for a percent. Of course, take that with a grain of salt given that the S10+ has a battery capacity of 8 and a half times the Galaxy Watch. Still, I find this more than acceptable. Now about those charging speeds...

When I first started trying this feature out a few days ago, I would always get the "use original charger" message, sometimes the Galaxy Watch would charge a few percent without any issue, and then get stuck at the same battery level for fifteen or more minutes. Not sure if it was really not receiving power, or if the battery meter was giving me inaccurate values. I'm not sure if some software was updated in the background or if I just got better at placing the watch at the center of the phone, but this hasn't happened of late and the charging speed with PowerShare is the same as what I get from the original cradle or a Samsung charging pad. Or at least, it's so close that I can't tell the difference. All that said, I've had this phone for about four days now so not a lot of data points to work with.

I'm going on a weekend vacation in a couple of weeks, and I think I'm going to try leaving the charging pad at home and see if I can get by with just a cable and PowerShare for my watch.
    03-10-2019 01:18 PM
    When I charged the other day from 93% to 100% with PowerShare, my phone went from 99% to 93%. So I guess you're getting almost a percent for a percent. Of course, take that with a grain of salt given that the S10+ has a battery capacity of 8 and a half times the Galaxy Watch. Still, I find this more than acceptable. Now about those charging speeds...

When I first started trying this feature out a few days ago, I would always get the "use original charger" message, sometimes the Galaxy Watch would charge a few percent without any issue, and then get stuck at the same battery level for fifteen or more minutes. Not sure if it was really not receiving power, or if the battery meter was giving me inaccurate values. I'm not sure if some software was updated in the background or if I just got better at placing the watch at the center of the phone, but this hasn't happened of late and the charging speed with PowerShare is the same as what I get from the original cradle or a Samsung charging pad. Or at least, it's so close that I can't tell the difference. All that said, I've had this phone for about four days now so not a lot of data points to work with.

I'm going on a weekend vacation in a couple of weeks, and I think I'm going to try leaving the charging pad at home and see if I can get by with just a cable and PowerShare for my watch.
    That's pretty good going all round. Although, to be honest, I think I would only ever use it in an 'emergency' ie a situation I didn't have my cradle with me overnight.

What happens if the phone is plugged in and charging and you slap the watch on the back at the same time. Or is that not a good idea or even possible?
    03-10-2019 05:03 PM
    That's pretty good going all round. Although, to be honest, I think I would only ever use it in an 'emergency' ie a situation I didn't have my cradle with me overnight.

What happens if the phone is plugged in and charging and you slap the watch on the back at the same time. Or is that not a good idea or even possible?
    I have tried charging my watch with PowerShare while my S10+ is charging via a cable. It works great and the phone will keep charging. Obviously the charging is a bit slower on the phone, but not by much. I track my sleep so I'll have to find some time to charge up during the day, but if you don't wear your watch to bed, it will easily charge to full overnight. I imagine that charging from 0 to full with PowerShare wouldn't take much longer than the 2h50m it takes to charge via cradle or pad.
    sonnnet likes this.
    03-10-2019 10:29 PM
    I have tried charging my watch with PowerShare while my S10+ is charging via a cable. It works great and the phone will keep charging. Obviously the charging is a bit slower on the phone, but not by much. I track my sleep so I'll have to find some time to charge up during the day, but if you don't wear your watch to bed, it will easily charge to full overnight. I imagine that charging from 0 to full with PowerShare wouldn't take much longer than the 2h50m it takes to charge via cradle or pad.
    Aha, now that would be extremely useful to me as I charge overnight. So, this would amount to goodbye cradle, for me. Would be especially good for when I'm travelling - two less things to pack/ lose (cradle and micro USB cable adaptor)!
    03-11-2019 05:12 PM
    Aha, now that would be extremely useful to me as I charge overnight. So, this would amount to goodbye cradle, for me. Would be especially good for when I'm travelling - two less things to pack/ lose (cradle and micro USB cable adaptor)!
    Being able to ditch micro USB is pretty great. What was Samsung thinking, using it for the latest cradle charger?
    sonnnet likes this.
    03-13-2019 08:26 AM