Does Samsung Not Give a Rip About 3rd Party?

Guitar_Jesus

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
There is an obvious complete lack of 3rd party apps for Tizen powered watches. Does Samsung not care at all? Do they really think their offerings alone suffice? I love my watch, it being the only decent standalone LTE watch is great, but I'm still underwhelmed. I'm looking forward to what Samsung offers next, but just can't see them trying to bring in developers to wrote code for apps on this platform.

Opinions?

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think you'd do better by asking the 3rd parties you don't see in the Galaxy Store, why they're not developing apps for Tizen.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I think you're barking up the wrong tree on this one. The 3rd parties would need to do the development. I'm sure Samsung would love to have more 3rd party support but it's not going to happen. I don't think it's that big of a deal myself. I didn't even use many third party apps on my Apple Watch. Some like to have them though. If that's the case then the Galaxy watch isn't a good choice.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I've never had a non-Samsung smartwatch. Are there any apps for Android Wear that people find useful? I used to complain about the empty app store, but then I realized I wasn't even sure what kind of apps I would even want in a smartwatch that I don't already have on my Galaxy Watch.

Diamonddawg31

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
I just wish they had more text messaging apps... Other than the Samsung messenger and pulse. I use Textra for my phone and wish they had Textra on the watch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze