Samsung health summary alternative advice

sihollies

Jun 15, 2019
Visit site
I am new to the forum so would like to say a quick hello before I start to contribute, so, Hello.;)
I have recently bought a Galaxy Watch 46mm and would like to know if anyone could offer any recommendations for an alternative to the default daily summary widget.
I would like a widget that I can glance at that shows steps, stairs climbed and calories, but dont want the heart rate tracker icon showing.
I have disabled the heart rate monitor on the watch, but it seems to automatically turn on during a nights sleep or during a workout/swim, and subsequently displays the reading in the default summary widget.
I would expect that there would be a way to cusomise what is displayed, but cannot figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Simon

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I am new to the forum so would like to say a quick hello before I start to contribute, so, Hello.;)
I have recently bought a Galaxy Watch 46mm and would like to know if anyone could offer any recommendations for an alternative to the default daily summary widget.
I would like a widget that I can glance at that shows steps, stairs climbed and calories, but dont want the heart rate tracker icon showing.
I have disabled the heart rate monitor on the watch, but it seems to automatically turn on during a nights sleep or during a workout/swim, and subsequently displays the reading in the default summary widget.
I would expect that there would be a way to cusomise what is displayed, but cannot figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Simon
Congrats on your Galaxy Watch purchase and welcome

I can't think of one to be honest but there are loads of watchfaces which have all the stats you have mentioned. They will be on the watchface, though, rather than a widget, so might not be what you are after.

Here's an example (it does have HR but if you've got HR turned off, it will just show a static number)

http://apps.samsung.com/gear/appDetail.as?appId=com.watchface.MD171

If that link doesn't work, go to Galaxy Store and search in 'Watch' for MD171
Someone else on here will probably be able to help you further if a widget is what you really need.

Enjoy the watch

sihollies

Jun 15, 2019
Visit site
Many thanks sonnnet.

I'm impressed by the watch at the moment, but am still customising it for my needs. I had the Garmin Vivoactive 3 before this Galaxy watch, which was good, but doesnt compare to the Samsung.
I suppose a watch face could be an option, but my eyesight isnt the best and I find the widgets easier to read at a glance and without my glasses.

Thanks again
Simon

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
@sihollies Is this the widget you are currently using? It's called Health Summary (built in). Just ignore heart rate?
02ba64c109ef707f7307f8ee7d61054f.jpg

sihollies

Jun 15, 2019
Visit site
Thanks,
Yes that is the App I am using, but I don't want the heart rate icon there.
I know its not overly important, but it just bugs me in it being there.

There must be a similar gadget out there available??

Thanks in advance
Simon

Last edited: