Galaxy Watch Touchscreen not working after dampness/rain

enduro

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. Purchased my Galaxy Smart Watch in early March and today went for a walk. I was wearing a Goretex jacket, it rained and little if any water got onto the watch. Anyway, the touchscreen will no longer react to my touch. The rotating bezel and buttons are fine , just the screen.

I've read that they are IP68.

So what is going on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Wear OS forum to the Galaxy Watch forum (the Galaxy Watch is not Wear OS -- it's Tizen).

Did you get it brand new or used/refurbished? If it was brand new, has there been any kind of trauma to it? Any kind of break to the structural integrity (including battery replacement or other repairs, or small cracks from trauma that you might not be aware of) might negate the IP68 rating.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. Purchased my Galaxy Smart Watch in early March and today went for a walk. I was wearing a Goretex jacket, it rained and little if any water got onto the watch. Anyway, the touchscreen will no longer react to my touch. The rotating bezel and buttons are fine , just the screen.

I've read that they are IP68.

So what is going on?

The Galaxy Watch is far better than just IP68. It is rated for water resistance to 50 m water depth, meaning you can swim with it. I take a shower with this watch every day and have immersed it in a pool a couple times without issue. If it was damaged by rain, you've got a defective watch and should contact Samsung!

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Do you happen to have the water lock turned on? Press the power button and see if the message comes up to hold the power button down to turn it off.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon