Random hit to my battery life, required warranty replacement

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
All right so I got the OneUI update right when it came out for the T-Mobile LTE watch, and didn't have any serious issues with my battery life. As I reported here it was slightly worse, but almost imperceptibly. Then, a couple of weeks ago, my battery life took a sudden hit. It used to previously drain at about 2.7%/hour on Bluetooth, and increased to about 3.2%/hour. Not the worst, right? However, on LTE my battery discharge increased substantially. I used to go from 100% to 83% during a half hour run outside with LTE, Bluetooth headphones, and streaming music via Spotify. After...whatever it was that happened to my watch, the same 30 minute run caused my watch to drain from 100% to 68%-70%. I tried a factory reset to no effect. Fortunately T-Mobile replaced my watch and even waived the $20 warranty replacement fee. Even after I upgraded the new Galaxy Watch to OneUI, its battery is actually far better than my original watch before the incident. I went on a run today and only went from 100-85%.

Has anyone else had this issue? I have a hard time believing that the hardware just fizzled out. And yet, that seems to be what happened, especially given that I restored all my data to the new watch via Samsung Cloud.