How are you charging your Samsung Galaxy watch, other than the included charger?

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting an extra charger for my 42mm Galaxy watch, but I'm debating what to get. I find the included OEM charger a bit inconvenient with its standing design, it doesn't lend itself well fitting into a laptop bag. What are others using as a 2nd charger at another location?

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, I broke down and bought the new Samsung duo charger at Best Buy for $85. It's the new 2019 version that is completely flat and more compact, whereas with the 2018 version the phone charger part stands upright diagonally. The new 2019 flat version that I got has a higher voltage for the phone charger part of the device. I've used the charger for a couple days now and it appears to work well. I keep this new charger at home to charge up my S9 phone and 42mm Galaxy watch. The supplied OEM Galaxy watch charger is now kept in my backpack on the go or to be used at work.

The only minor nuisance about the new Samsung duo charger is that I can hear the fan come on when the bedroom is completely quiet. Granted it's a very quiet noise, but I don't want to hear any extra noise whatsoever. So to overcome that, once my phone and watch are fully charged, I take both devices off the charger (or move both devices a couple inches off the side on the charger so they don't register for charging).

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I now have a Note 10 Plus phone. I'm trying to do power share charging from the back of my phone to my Samsung 42mm smartwatch. I have a thin "tech21" silicone case on my Note 10+. Although it's very difficult to find exactly the right "center" spot to charge the watch with the silicone case on, the charging signal finally came on. It says 8 minutes to fully charge. But that was over 20 minutes ago and still says the same thing. I took off the silicone case, and this seems to improve the wireless charging ability, at least it's not so finicky about the exact right center spot for charging. Yes, it finally seems to charge the watch with-out the case on, but very slowly. I'm guessing this is normal??

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I actually almost never use the included charging cradle. Typically I use the duo charger pad, the single charger pad from 2018 (which can charge either a phone or the Galaxy Watch), or PowerShare on my Note 10+. More recently I've been using the wireless portable battery to charge the Galaxy Watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34