How do I keep my watch actually "always on?" I don't mean lessened version where most of the information disappears but the entire screen? I have my screen timeout set for 5 minutes but within seconds the screen dims and most of the display disappears.
    08-11-2019 12:41 PM
    How do I keep my watch actually "always on?" I don't mean lessened version where most of the information disappears but the entire screen? I have my screen timeout set for 5 minutes but within seconds the screen dims and most of the display disappears.
    Sounds like you have wrist wake up gesture enabled and you are either sending the main screen to sleep (and back to AOD) with a wrist down movement. Or it will do this automatically anyway after a few seconds if you have the wrist wake up enabled. Try turning the gesture off in Advanced Settings.
    Alternatively, install an app called 'I am Alive' which will keep the watch and main screen on until you switch the app off. But beware of battery drain and involuntary screen presses if you do this.
    08-11-2019 01:13 PM
    Sounds like you have wrist wake up gesture enabled and you are either sending the main screen to sleep (and back to AOD) with a wrist down movement. Or it will do this automatically anyway after a few seconds if you have the wrist wake up enabled. Try turning the gesture off in Advanced Settings.
    Alternatively, install an app called 'I am Alive' which will keep the watch and main screen on until you switch the app off. But beware of battery drain and involuntary screen presses if you do this.
    I think that did it. Thanks! It's been a little frustrating.
    sonnnet likes this.
    08-11-2019 01:52 PM
    I think that did it. Thanks! It's been a little frustrating.
    No worries. But hopefully you'll also get to like the Screen Always On (lesser version) you mentioned. Especially with some watch faces, it allows you to still see the time and various other info while the watch main screen is in a sleep state, thereby saving some battery and stopping accidental presses of the screen from performing actions. Galaxy Watch is the best on the market for this.
    08-11-2019 02:16 PM