I'm waiting on my Galaxy Watch to arrive, but in the meantime, I was wondering if there is a way to add custom alerts and notification sounds to the watch? I haven't seen anything in regards to being able to customize alerts and notification sounds on the watch.
    BigCrimsonTX likes this.
    09-12-2019 06:28 AM
    There is an app called (oddly enough) Custom Notifications 3+ in the Galaxy Store. IMHO it falls far short of what it should do.
    It will allow you to change only the general notification sound after jumping through some rather obscure hoops. It will not change sounds for specific apps. For example, I use the Samsung app Timer, but cannot change the sound for this app. The same is true for any other apps that generate a sound to get your attention.
    Unfortunately, this is the only app known to me that allows any sort of custom sounds for notifications.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-14-2019 07:54 AM
    There is an app called (oddly enough) Custom Notifications 3+ in the Galaxy Store. IMHO it falls far short of what it should do.
    It will allow you to change only the general notification sound after jumping through some rather obscure hoops. It will not change sounds for specific apps. For example, I use the Samsung app Timer, but cannot change the sound for this app. The same is true for any other apps that generate a sound to get your attention.
    Unfortunately, this is the only app known to me that allows any sort of custom sounds for notifications.
    Oh, okay. Thanks! I guess I'll have to wait and see if theres a way to add my own files to the alerts folder on the watch, like the way I have to do for my phone.
    09-14-2019 10:57 AM
    Perhaps I should have mentioned that this app allows one to add their own sound files for use.
    My opinion still stands, since Custom Notifications3+ only allows changing the general notification sound and not app specific notification sounds.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-16-2019 09:42 AM