Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on a discounted price for last year's Galaxy Watch or pay more for the latest and greatest Active 2. Is everybody happy with their Galaxy Watch or does the Active 2 really offer major improvements (other than a slimmer form factor)? Will the GW get some of the new Active 2 stuff with a software or OS update down the road?
    10-10-2019 11:46 AM
    It is not obsolete, just a different category. The Active 2 offers improved sensors and the upcoming EKG feature, but the form factor of the Galaxy Watch is still a more traditional watch. They're geared towards different audiences, so take that into account. The Galaxy Watch will only get better features with the next hardware iteration.
    burrzoo and adegbenroagoro like this.
    10-10-2019 12:29 PM
    With the Active 2 released only 6 months after the original Active, and the GW already a year old, does that mean it's also due to be replaced soon? (perhaps by black Friday or the holidays?)
    10-10-2019 12:39 PM
    Unfortunately the 'August' release WAS the Active 2, so I wouldn't expect a new Galaxy Watch until next year (by Q2 hopefully). It will also be influenced by how (and if) the rumored Pixel Watch does upon announcement.
    BMWBig6 likes this.
    10-10-2019 12:46 PM
    no need for me to upgrade now from GW
    will wait till s11+ and see next from samsung
    MY OPINION
    EMGSM and LadyEpic like this.
    10-10-2019 01:31 PM
    no need for me to upgrade now from GW
    will wait till s11+ and see next from samsung
    MY OPINION
    I'm thinking the same thing. I don't think the Active 2 has that much more to offer than the GW.
    10-10-2019 11:46 PM
    But will the GW get any more software updates to bring some of the stock software of the GWA2 to the GW? At least, that's what I'd like to know, because I would like to get some of the watch face options and the Apps list view over the scrolling one on the GW I have now. I just got it about a month ago. I love it, but would like to see some of the newer software features come to the GW.
    10-23-2019 05:07 PM
    The UI will likely make it at some point, but features like the EKG or Fall Detection won't since the GW doesn't have the hardware for it.
    10-24-2019 12:14 PM
    I just got the Galaxy Watch 46mm about a week ago. Upgraded from the old Gear S, which still works, but needs a new internal battery, and a new charging cradle (contacts are badly worn). I am really liking the Galaxy Watch 46mm, even though it's been around for awhile. The Heart Monitor is very accurate. I found a free Internet Radio app, which works great. I can use the Galaxy Watch 46mm as a Stand-alone device, with my Note 10 Plus actually turned off. Tracks my distance, time and speed while cycling around town accurately. I can still use the old "My Notes In Gear" app on the Galaxy Watch 46mm. I type the notes on my smartphone, then sync to the watch. aCalendar+ works great between devices, and syncs instantly.
    EMGSM likes this.
    10-26-2019 03:02 AM
    Recently upgraded from the GWA to GWA2 and really like it better...slightly smaller 44mm with no bezel is preferable and watch seems to perform a little faster + like the new upgrades and options. Have it paired with the Galaxy Fold smartphone, which is really amazing and unique!
    10-26-2019 02:07 PM
    Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on a discounted price for last year's Galaxy Watch or pay more for the latest and greatest Active 2. Is everybody happy with their Galaxy Watch or does the Active 2 really offer major improvements (other than a slimmer form factor)? Will the GW get some of the new Active 2 stuff with a software or OS update down the road?
    Obsolete??!! I have a Gear S2 Classic that is still working great. I also have a Galaxy Watch 42mm. Obviously I don't go for sporty watches. Smart watches are not yet accurate enough to monitor my workouts so I use them only as timers. From what I know the major differences between your options is cosmetic and the battery life.
    10-26-2019 07:16 PM