Have you been waiting for a foldable smartphone?

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
yeah, the hinge/2-screen model is entirely uninteresting. I love the idea of a folding screen but have gotten so used to pulling out the phone, unlocking, and there-you-are that I'm not sure additional another step (unfolding) is something I'll jump at

Aryanshu

Mar 5, 2018
Visit site
Not really. I think the Galaxy X would be a product meant for beta testing foldable smartphones,to test if the market is ready for it. Like Samsung did with the Note Edge for the edge dialsplay or the note for the SPen. If their product does well, they will soon release a much better version of it. Then I may get interested in it. Their first foldable smartphone may have some caveats which are unheard of. To not face any problem in the future, Samsung could learn from their 1st attempt and potentially release the X2 or something else as their mainstream foldable phone.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Foldable phone has to be easy to break. And since it gets dropped all the time and its in my pocket. Why would I even consider a foldable phone. Who cares about insurance it you break it easy.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I had an LG Envy 2, a foldable phone. It was nice to have 2 options when using. Mostly got it for the keyboard, but it had some nice app- type functions. I even watched a few tv shows on the inside tiny screen. I'd be interested to see what Samsung comes up with.

Attachments

• 10215.jpg
    10215.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 125

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
it be real great of it was foldable and real huge so u can fold it on yr wrist and wear it as a watch with a huge screen that displays a clock an compass an will beep an sound when u get a call

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I find the concept interesting and I'm curious to see what the device looks like when it is released. I am not excited about a potential $1500.00 USD price. That's a lot of clams to pay to be a tester.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Not interested. Don't really see the point. I understand that their are some niche areas that might have use for such a thing, but I kind of feel like this is "wow factor" innovation for innovation's sake in an attempt to keep consumers buying the next best thing. I just see so many issues arising with this form factor. Just my opinion.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Not interested. Don't really see the point. I understand that their are some niche areas that might have use for such a thing, but I kind of feel like this is "wow factor" innovation for innovation's sake in an attempt to keep consumers buying the next best thing. I just see so many issues arising with this form factor. Just my opinion.
Same here. I don't see a compelling usage case for my needs. Additionally, I feel that there will be extensive hardware issues, such as devices splitting in half.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I don't see a compelling usage case for my needs. Additionally, I feel that there will be extensive hardware issues, such as devices splitting in half.
A device splitting in half is about as extensive as it gets.
I agree, though. I think they'll be lots of issues over the first few iterations of such a device.

Chiligames

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
It will be interesting to see thats for sure. Its just funny cause the thing that always comes to my mind is the good old motorola razrs from back in the days

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Completely forgot about a samsung flip phone.

Thinking seriously about a pixel 3 XL with no pre installed Bixby or Samsung Pay.
Gonna be a long wait for Oct 9th.
25 days from now.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Completely forgot about a samsung flip phone.

Thinking seriously about a pixel 3 XL with no pre installed Bixby or Samsung Pay.
Gonna be a long wait for Oct 9th.
25 days from now.
Not so long really... I wanted a blue vzw Note9 with 512gb and VZW told me they should have them in some stores by October 12 and it's already been out a while. I can buy a 256gb XS Max TODAY and it just came out yesterday. Samsung really screwed the pooch on the 512's and failing to offer a black or dark gray Note 9. I will give the Pixel a good long look if I don't buy an XS MAX first.