What was THE reason you (finally) bought the Flip?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Flip because I prefer flip phones. When closed I feel the screen is way more protected than bar phones. Plus the smaller footprint when folded. I never carried a bar phone in my pocket...too big. This Flip will be way easier to carry in my purse or maybe even my pocket now.

Darkbandit

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I had toyed around with getting one last year, but decided to get the 11 pro max instead. I was getting tired of iOS and already had an Xr in case I wanted to use iOS, so I traded in the 11 and got one.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The form factor and the Covid-19 lockdown restrictions still in effect in South Africa. Nostalgia does not factor in for me. This will be the first flip type device if I discount the Nokia 9210i Communcator that I had many years ago. With the strong possibility that the Note will be discontinued I feel "adventurous" and took an upgrade option for the 256Gb Flip3. Delivery expected on Monday the 13th of September.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
  • Because I love the outside screen. It's big enough to see what I want to see a glimpse of and then put back in my pocket if it can wait or flip it open and tend to the business at hand.
  • Because it is a normal-sized/usable phone that folds in half and goes in my pocket.
  • Because I love being able to prop it open like a little laptop and use it on a desk or in my lap while watching TV.
  • Because it supports itself for great post-gym workout selfies.
  • Because it is much easier it use in the gym or any physical activity. It doesn't bounce around in my pocket.
  • And finally...because it's cool as hell....
    who doesn't want to feel cool as hell?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I think it was two things maybe three. 1) Love the look of it. 2) Takes me back to my younger days (ok so I just dated myself). 3) I hate my LG so when I saw I could get it for $400 on the Samsung website that was my push over the edge.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
  • Because I love the outside screen. It's big enough to see what I want to see a glimpse of and then put back in my pocket if it can wait or flip it open and tend to the business at hand.
  • Because it is a normal-sized/usable phone that folds in half and goes in my pocket.
  • Because I love being able to prop it open like a little laptop and use it on a desk or in my lap while watching TV.
  • Because it supports itself for great post-gym workout selfies.
  • Because it is much easier it use in the gym or any physical activity. It doesn't bounce around in my pocket.
  • And finally...because it's cool as hell....
    who doesn't want to feel cool as hell?

Yes indeed......all of the above for me! The improvements from the previous generation,larger outside screen, sturdier screen, and form factor.

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree on both your comments. I can't believe they didn't put in an SD card slot. I thought they learned their lesson a few years ago when they left that out and people complained so much they put it back and now they do it again? WTH? This could potentially be a deal breaker for me, I'm still pondering it.

It's been working out ok without SD card. Still got alot of Flac files on it, just don't have them all...lol... I picked up the 256GB version of the Flip3, so not too bad... great phone and no issues at all. Just kinda sucks they keep it for the low end phones and gank it away for high end... kinda stupid to me...

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I picked mine up for pretty much the same reasons everyone else has. I've gotten more and more uncomfortable as phones just kept getting bigger and bigger, and finally got tired of having a huge glass slab in my pocket that I constantly had to shift around every time I sat down, couldn't pull it out of my pocket in the car, and was constantly thinking how uncomfortable the darn things were to carry. I need a bigger screen because my eyes ain't getting any younger, but the huge slabs were no longer doable.

So when that Black Friday sale popped up, I realized my destiny was calling :p

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
$550 for Z flip 3 and galaxy watch 4 lte at bestbuy for sighing up for T-Mobile service for one month. Plus they gave me $120 for my pixel 3. Total was $430.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes. Used T-Mobile for one month and cancelled. I have not even opened the watch because I use an iPhone 13 Pro Max with the Apple Watch 7. Will sell the watch to a friend for $150. The flip is my second phone and easy to carry around.
I see , I thought about the flip for ease in pocket myself , I'll see down the road if I get one .

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
#1 reason was the form factor. 8 switched from Note. Although the reduction of the battery capacity was a concern, it's not a big deal breaker for me. I use a PD battery pack around 3pmish and have long lasting battery power till bedtime.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Loved the form factor. 6.7 inch display that folds up to fit in the my palm. But the crease and lack of outer screen functionality were deal breakers for me. BUT it seems the flip 4 will be addressing both of those things. So I'll likely be getting the flip 4 when available.